Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a 03 4200 CC and am loving it!

Seems to be lots of you out there using Tubi exhausts and I am reading that they don't invalidate the warranty. Spoke to my dealer today on the subject and they would not commit either way, so I am a little confused... can anyone offer any advice on the subject, do they invalidate the warranty or not??

Also, people seem to be happy with the Eurotek ECU upgrade, anyone get any experience of a DMS upgrade. Had one on a previous car and it was excellent...?

Finally I would like to congratulate eveyone on the quality of this forum, informative and entertaining, keep it up!

·
Registered
835 Posts
here in the US, as long as the tubi is installed by an authorized tubi dealer maserati would not invalidate the warranty. In fact every FM dealerships here in the south land sells tubi (at an astronomical price, of course).

STARDOC has Mille Meglia and it sounds phenomenal, better than tubi.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HaHa - it's booked in the week after next! Can't wait. Gone for Tubi though which hopefully should be the least contentious - still nervous about UK dealers and warranties...

·
Registered
835 Posts
you'll like it. it sounds better than stock. it doesn't give you the high pitch whine like on the modena 360's but hum and rumble.

what's next? straight pipe? :twisted:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tex,
Good luck trying to commit the dealer to anything. Over here, they will tell you that the warranty is void if you put on bumper stickers. However, no need to worry as the exhausts and mid pipes have little effect the performance of the engine, ECU, etc. Infact most dealers here are authorized TUBI installers, so that should tell you something about any warranty issues.
Have fun modding the car. With a few relatively inexpensive mods, you'll make it into a beast.
:D

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Helpful. To be honest it already feels like a bit of a beast in the cold and greasy wheather we are having in the UK, wheelspin in third is becoming an issue! I think the next change will have to be lowered suspension (1 inch or 2?), then it will look the part. Will have to wait for a while - cash!

The only dealers I have met so far that are chilled with warranty claims have been Subaru, they will take all the "illegal" bits off for you in the event of a claim so long as they fitted them in the first place. Maserati in the UK won't even fit them!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Tubi- voided warranty

this subject always puzzles me, ...I can't imagine how in the world a manufacturer could even consider voiding a warranty over a Muffler....a muffler is simply a silencer, nothing else. Midas sells millions of mufflers and most of them are not factory OEM units.

It is my belief that in order to void a warranty, the car maker would have to prove or provide a link between the non-OEM part and the cause of a breakdown. I would think a muffler would be the least offending part one could put on a car.....swap out a camshaft within the engine?...well OK I can see that....

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Depends what you do...if you're leaving the stock catalytic converter, mods that change mixture or flow could possibly cause issues, couldn't they? Or an overly zealous installer knocking the cat around...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Warranty Voiding - State Law Dependent

California has very strong consumer protection laws and lemon laws. So here it would be functionally impossible for the factory to void a warranty over a cat back exhaust. I do not know about other states.

As far as the factory though, absent consumer protection laws, I would suspect some car companies might try to use aftermarket products as an excuse to void a warranty. However, Maserati is in a serious image building process in the US and I would be surprised to see them make unreasonable claims.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i do not believe that removing a CAT or messing with a CAT or resonator would do anything to change air/fuel mixtures. ..the o2 sensor and those devices are well upstream from the CAT/middle resonator, or muffler.

I have taken the CAT out of my Lotus and have had No issues, other than the car being wickedly faster :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
demoe
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing