Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
The figures are a bit dubious, quote:

"With boost set at 8.7 psi, the ASA supercharger adds 149 hp. The total head count rises to 545 hp at 6800 rpm, accompanied by a healthy 435 lb-ft of torque at 4600 rpm. This extra power helps launch the car with the determination to reach 62 mph in 5.5 seconds, a full half-second faster than stock."

I though stock 0-60 was 5.2 with a DS gearbox. Somebody needs to check their sums. And whats with the name Scuderati? Sounds like these guys have their wires crossed! I suppose it could have been worse and they called it a Maserborghini.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Inspire :-)
307 Posts
i remember seeing a F I sys on a coupe will post pics later

·
Registered
227 Posts
I need 550 hp!

Seriously though, I do wonder what it would cost to get 450-500 hp out of this mill like the 430 does. And have the tranny and rear end not explode. There is no cheap fix.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I need 550 hp!

Seriously though, I do wonder what it would cost to get 450-500 hp out of this mill like the 430 does. There is no cheap fix.
I've asked Jeff at FD a few times about developing a supercharger kit for the Coupe/GS (yes, I need 550hp too :D) and an old thread in here has him saying it may cost about USD 10k but then the idea got shelved when presumably, not enough takers were willing to put a deposit down.

I told him recently that given most owners are warrantyless or about to be so, there should be more interest to go for it.

I'd be definitely very keen, as long as a solution for the likely clutch destruction resulting from the increased HP is also found.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Maybe the drive by wire upgrade will help on the clutch front. My concern is superchargers/turbochargers usually mean new pistons with reduced compression ratios to be effective. $$$$$$

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I am no mechanical engineer but Modena-Tec's website's specs for their supercharger does not seem to indicate any change to the pistons (unless that's what the "valve timing" below is).

Perhaps it works on the Maserati engine without that.

Modena-Tec said:
Conversions in opposite to the standard:
-Mounting of two superchargers, belt propulsion, large aluminium-intercooler
-New engine management & ignitionsystem with rev limiter at 8.000 R/pm
-Stainless steel resonance exhaust system
-Modified gearbox and engine management
-Modified valve timing

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe the drive by wire upgrade will help on the clutch front. My concern is superchargers/turbochargers usually mean new pistons with reduced compression ratios to be effective. $$$$$$
a programmable nitrous kit works the same way supercharger or turbo works. now unlike the turbo/superchrger the nitrous kit isnt always on only when you need it. you press the "ON" button and it comes on between any RPM you have it programmed to ( no you do not have to press a little red button on your steering wheel) lol... example 5200-7400 rpm plus its about 6k cheaper than anything else and its about 50-150hp so think about it..... "You know what as a matter of fact i think ill fabricate one especially for Maseratis." anyone interested? ohh and i think the formula is for every 15degrees F cooler the air is coming in is 1hp

·
Registered
227 Posts
Personally, I would not be interested in NO2 injection on this type of car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts