Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I found a lot of info on how to open the trunk when your battery dies but does anyone know how to close it after the car is charged up? Got my '06 QP running again after the battery died but now the trunk won't close. Is there anything special that I need to do?

Thx :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Try a couple of lock and unlock sequences with the key fob. If there is a light "push" switch, you may have to push that in sequance to convince the car the trunk is closed then opened.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Did you try releasing the manual lock in the trunk with the key? Usually once you do this, then you can cycle lock/unlock with the key fob a couple of times and everything should be working normally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip, it worked like a charm.

With the trunk fully open, I manually flipped the latch on the trunk lid so it locked into place in the closed position. Then hit the trunk release button next to the steering wheel which flipped the latch to the open position. Then dropped the trunk lid and it closed.

Thx again :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tip, it worked like a charm.

With the trunk fully open, I manually flipped the latch on the trunk lid so it locked into place in the closed position. Then hit the trunk release button next to the steering wheel which flipped the latch to the open position. Then dropped the trunk lid and it closed.

Thx again :)
This worked like a charm. Thank you for posting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts