Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, long time no write. A few months back, the "wired" trunk release in my glove compartment stopped working. Today, the remote trunk release on the key FOB stopped working. Though I got lucky upon repetitively pushing the glove box button and got a connection and popped the lid, my luck has run out. Has anybody experienced this problem? I have a frame around my license plate which makes using the key to open the lid-never an easy tak for those who have tried-impossible. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Relay?

It could be the trunk relay, an easy fix, mine was done at the dealer and should be a 1/2 hour job.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...the rest of the story

Looks like my briefcase was somehow jamming the lock mechanism. My key FOB continues to open the trunk lid as usual. However, my "plunger" switch in the glove box continues to fail. I'm guessing this rules out the relay, right, and points the finger towards the interior switch? Perhaps I'll try taking the switch apart to ascertain anything obviously wrong that perhaps can be fixed. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.