Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mazzer Gang! On a periodic basis as time permits, I enjoy driving around and browsing at the various car dealerships in our area (my wife is so patient!). I recently looked at a 2010 QP that spent most of it's life in Florida according to the dealer. Looking in and around the truck, I saw that the rain channels were severely cracked and breaking up, these channels appear to be just plastic inserts. My QP was also a Florida car but does not have this issue. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Both my 08 and 12 spent their entire lives in FL and sadly suffer the same problem. All the other exterior plastic seems to weather just fine (so far) but the plastic under trunk lid is just crumbling a little more to dust every day.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked at Scuderia Car Parts and to buy all brand new trunk channel cover pieces would be close to $350 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Mine has completely shattered and piece by piece has fallen out leaving a trail between the cities to which I have traveled.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do these inserts have a function other than just cosmetics? Are the surfaces underneath them painted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts