Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out something really interesting when I had my car at F&M of Seattle last week having that cup holder installed.

I mentioned to them that it took a lot of force to make sure the trunk shut tight when closing it, and that several times when I would be driving down the road an hit a moderate bump, the latch wouldn't hold and the "trunk open" light would illuminate on the dash. I asked if they could readjust the latch so it would hold. We tried like 20 times to close the trunk and it would not latch. From what I understand, it is supposed to work just like the hood. You lower to about 4-5 inches and let it drop, and presto, it closes. But, not mine! No matter how hard you slammed it, it would not latch.

The guys in the service department said they have had 3 trunk latch failures that week (mine made it 4). They said all 4 of the cars were 2002 models.

Just curious if anyone else had this problem? They have a bunch of new latches ordered and I should have it installed tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you say you were having "that cupholder installed"....

what cupholder? There's a cupholder? Besides the one in the center console?

No trunk latch problems here on my '05 CC.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've had issues trying to "slam" the trunk closed. If I just let it drop from 2"-3" it'll latch every time. Apparently if you drop it from too far or use too great force the trunk seal traps air inside and prevents the trunk from latching.

Of course you lock may also be buggered. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts