Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the shop today and got this trunkliner mat put in the GTS. Pics attached....not hugely impressed by it. Is made of some sort of thin foam material, whereas I was expecting it would be more of a rubber mat similar to a weathertech mat etc ... was $85 shipped

62E10FAB-2C4E-4F18-90A7-FC85FDEED9EC.jpeg

577F756A-4794-4261-BF66-4570AA3BEB8C.jpeg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
3BFA3FEC-DC1F-433B-B951-DDB2E6D3C924.jpeg

Gap on one corner - not the best fit either. Overall it’s fair- should serve its purpose at the least- less worry when throwing stuff back there!

839CE677-7980-4111-B266-D3736C9037A0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Let me guess...made in China?

Reactions: Gypsy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me guess...made in China?
Hehe actually from Maserati themselves it appears. Here’s a link to it: GranTurismo Luggage Compartment Mat

Seems it’s a ‘thermoplastic foam’ as they call it, but in all honesty seems a bit cheap/flimsy. Oh well... was one of those gifts the wife bought for me (read as: She bought that I paid for 😉) Overall it looks nice back there

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah I have the same one and was a bit surprised when I opened it. Like ...oh... I mean you can poke a through it with your finger.

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
596 Posts
Not impressed with it from the looks alone and a foam pad for the trunk doesn't seem to be made to handle hard usage.

4,866 Posts
Not impressed with it from the looks alone and a foam pad for the trunk doesn't seem to be made to handle hard usage.
Dude, it is not a Dodge Ram...What it is in the trunk of most GTs? Nothing...

Reactions: JohnnyG

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Why would you ever need anything like this in a GT?

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
Soccer gear duffel bag ( often filthy, after rainy games ), so the trunk needs some rubber or other durable material liner, and a bunch of other crap I keep in there any given time.. lightweight car cover which still takes up a bunch of space in that big bag its folded in, a mini-power pack for jumping the battery if I ever need it, a spare jacket and all purpose sport / casual shoes, etc... so like I said, bunch of ” stuff “. But if you carry a golf clubs and bag in there, a liner is most definitely warranted.. IMO

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Maybe you need a different car for that rather than beat up a GT.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
Daily driver for me, that’s why the liner so I don’t beat up the trunk ! I have a couple of other cars for grocery shopping, for Home Depot errands, so the GT is not really exposed to shopping carts bumps or other cars’ doors dinging . The trunk takes the most abuse in this car, and it’s opened daily at least 4 times, often 6 times, X 5 days / week for 6 years , I’m shocked that my trunk release button or switch has not failed yet . Sh*t, I hope I didn‘t jinx that ! :oops: But that’s another topic, on other treads .

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
596 Posts
Be gentle when pushing in the release button under the spoiler. I heard you can push too hard and it'll cave in the button into the housing and you'll have to take it apart to pull it out.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
Got it, good tip. 👍. I was always somewhat careful with that, not sure why, but to the touch it just feels weak, or like it travels too much before engaging, so I’ll be even more cautious from now on.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Soccer gear duffel bag ( often filthy, after rainy games ), so the trunk needs some rubber or other durable material liner, and a bunch of other crap I keep in there any given time.. lightweight car cover which still takes up a bunch of space in that big bag its folded in, a mini-power pack for jumping the battery if I ever need it, a spare jacket and all purpose sport / casual shoes, etc... so like I said, bunch of ” stuff “. But if you carry a golf clubs and bag in there, a liner is most definitely warranted.. IMO
Yeah I have an Escalade EXT for when I intend to get dirty. But if I don’t I want something in between my carpet and somebodies nasty shoes or something.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
202 Posts
Personally I never ever have anything in the trunk of my convertible - it all belongs to my wife, I am lucky to get a pair of socks, and a toothbrush into the driver side door pocket. :whistle: Having said that you can literally put in 5 "suitcases" into the cabriolet for a trip and pretty much take everything she might need for that overnight trip. The two larger cases on the right are for the back seat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts