Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know which fuse and the wiring run for this. The light was out, changed the bulb- nothing -and then checked the power - zippo at the wires. Can't seem to find which fuse to check - and I believe it's on a fuse with other lights and since nothing else is off tells me its probably a wiring issue.

TIA

Is there a relay to check ? Also, can't seem to find the switch that turns it on when the trunk is opened.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sorry if obvious or already checked, but the headlights may have to be on for the trunk light to operate?

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if obvious or already checked, but the headlights may have to be on for the trunk light to operate?
I actually thought about this but didn't check as I also thought how stupid would it be for Maserati to require the headlights to be on for the trunk light to work ! The trunk light should work like the cabin/door lights. if the trunk is opened, the light goes on. Simple.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The headlights do not need to be on for the trunk light to operate. Also, if the trunk is left open for a while (don't know exactly how long, maybe a couple of mins) the light will go off, at least thats how it is in my car.
I can't recall seeing a switch, it may be integrated into the latch mechanism.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I would suspect the switch before the wiring. May be stuck open

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless someone knows where the relay is to check, guess I'm going to have to pull the latch out as I believe the switch must be attached.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good call. There is a small micro switch attached to the trunk latch - it was off alignment. Took some fiddling but all is well.

I love fixing small issues - gives me something to tinker with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts