Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I somehow left my head lights on and the battery is low (9.85 volts). The engine will not start. Now I can't raise the trunk lid to recharge the Battery. I have looked for the emergency release cable by the back seat but I haven't found it. Which side ? I made the voltage check by opening the fuse box in the engine compartment. There is a large diameter red wire in the fuse box that connects to the all those fuses. It seems like a way to boost the voltage enough to activate the trunk release, but I’m afraid. Any ideas out there ???????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the note. This is a 2008 GT, 24000 miles. I found the trunk release under the driver's side rear seat and pulled the cable release, but that doesn't open the trunk, I pulled pretty hard too, Jerked the Trunk Lid up and down hoping to get it to open, but it is still locked. When I pull the cable release I can hear some noise by the trunk latch but I can't get it to release.

Is there any way to jump start this car, my Audi has an Aux battery connection under the hood to jump start or to maintain the electrical and computer system while changing the battery. Not this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to thank you for all your help.

I talked to Randy Bush at Essence Maserati in Hurst Texas. What an expert he is about these cars. He said you need a battery charger that puts out 8 – 10 amps and charge the battery through the fuse box.

The cigarette lighter circuits will not charge the battery.

So, open the fuse box, inside you’ll see a large diameter red wire that is clamped into a bus bar. That area is very tight and I was nervous about the battery charger clamp staying on, so I placed a very thin piece of wood between the battery charger clamp and all the fuses and circuit boxes next to the bus bar. When I started I had 5.6 volts in the battery. I charged for 6 hours and checked the battery, 12.2 volts. That was good. I tried the trunk and it would not open. The car started and I let it warm up to temperature. I tried the trunk again and it didn’t open.

Now this is information I haven’t seen in the Operators Manual. When the voltage gets low, the computer system starts shutting down various systems to save the voltage. That is why the trunk didn’t open. So, you need to reboot the computer, and you do that by taking the key fob and manually locking the driver’s side door with the key. When I did this the anti-theft LED did a lot of blinking. Then I unlocked the door with the key, and I was able to open the trunk !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help getting into the trunk of my 07 Maserati Quattroporte
My battery is dead, ive tried inserting the key in the truck lid turned to the left got nothing, and there’s no trunk release in the back seat...

Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts