Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will not start I .think it’s the f1 pump I open the driver door and I don’t hear it prime. I’ve put about 1000 miles on the car and sometimes the transmission would go into transmission failure. I’d pull over and let it sit with the battery disconnected then it would work got more frequently. Now it will not start I tried swapping relays around this didn’t help

3,986 Posts
You are gonna open the door and see if the pump runs....If it doesn't then google a picture of a F1 pump image...You should be able to figure it out that way...Try smacking lightly with a hammer and see if you hear a noise after that when you open the door....Jason

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I open the door it won’t prime anymore before sometimes I’d open the door a couple times to get it to prime

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I open the door it won’t prime anymore before sometimes I’d open the door a couple times to get it to prime

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
That might be a clue. Does it prime if you turn the key to the run position and wait before you continue to the start position?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will not now I don’t know what relay or fuse it could be but I’m thinking pump already since it was a intermittent problem before

3,986 Posts
Like I was saying strike it it with a small hammer while another person open the door...This will usually get one going again temporarily...Jason

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was the pump I pulled it apart and cleaned it with brake cleaner and penetrating oil and it seems to be working fine now Has .5 amp drawGoing to reinstall

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It runs shifts better but about 20 or 30 miles and then it says transmission failure think I may be low on fluid any ideas

3,986 Posts
Yeah, replace the pump for starters....Washing the internals off with brake clean isn't gonna fix a part with worn out bushings and brushes..Jason

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes you are right soon as it heats up amps climb thanks any clue were to get a pump or part number or anything would help thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts