Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is I received my Maserati Coupé GT with the following mods :

Yellow pagid brake pads.
Trofeo suspensions (made by Sachs).
Eibach front / rear swaybars (in blue).
Michelin Pilot Cup semi-slick tyres.
ECU (+30 HP, +100 Nm, 8000 rpm limit, I know, difficult to believe, I will contol that...).

The handling is... hmmm... very stiff. It is impossible to say how the car handle because the limit is so far on public roads. I cannot wait for the next track day !

I can easily fill more torque and the 8000 rpm limit is so "hysteric" with a Tubi !!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
how does one get the trofeo suspension?

And where can you get the upgraded sways from?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Life begins at 7500. Congratulations and enjoy the 8000 revs. Some people (but not me) have gotten theirs raised to 10,000. Supposedly the engine can take it being based on the F430.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Life begins at 7500. Congratulations and enjoy the 8000 revs. Some people (but not me) have gotten theirs raised to 10,000. Supposedly the engine can take it being based on the F430.
do the maser motors make power up above 8k?

·
Registered
201 Posts
do the maser motors make power up above 8k?

Above 8k I don't know. On my dyno test the hp curve was sloping down from 7500 to 8000, but there was lots more power in that band than what you get immediately after upshifting at 7500. That longer stream of power really gives me an edge in the occasional drag race.

I think some people got their revs raised above 8000 just to increase the theoretical top speed of the car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
man, that suspension looks great. i don't think we (USA) can get them, and if am mistaken. i am so going to get them :)

-willie

·
Registered
203 Posts
What about the Eibach Sway Bars?

We've been bemoaning the "roll" of the standard Coupe suspension on turn-in for some time. This looks like a relatively inexpensive fix, especially when combined with sport springs? Doesn't a swaybar impact roll?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The swaybars is the best bang for the buck to reduce body roll, added to suspensions lowering. But it is not enough if you want to compare to a Porsche GT3.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What is the model number of the sway bars?

Hey Lionel,

I went on the US Eibach website, and couldn't find any products for Maserati. Did you have to purchase the sway bars through the dealer as well? It would be great to have a model number that could be purchased directly from an Eibach dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Lionel,

I went on the US Eibach website, and couldn't find any products for Maserati. Did you have to purchase the sway bars through the dealer as well? It would be great to have a model number that could be purchased directly from an Eibach dealer. Thanks.
I purchased them through Modena Tec in Germany. I dont have any number, I just know they are blue and marked "Maserati 4200" on it ! I think it worth a phone call to Eibach, they probably made it specificaly for Modena Tec, but they could sell them through other dealers !

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Hi, Lionel. Did ModenaTec do the installation? When I am in Germany (quite often), I work in Waldorf, which is not far (on the B39) from Neustadt, where ModenaTec is located (of course, I'd have to get my Maserati across the ocean, which is a different challenge...).

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
203 Posts
MVP, Forumula Dynamics?

It occured to me that perhaps Kevin at MVP or the guys at Formula Dynamics may want to make inquiry with Eibach to identify the sway bars Lionel mentioned in his post. They probably can get through to the people with the answers alot faster than a end user. Just a thought, guys. Coupled with the springs FD are offering, this may just be the ticket!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, Lionel. Did ModenaTec do the installation?
No my swiss mechanic did the job. It is not difficult for the front bar. A bit more for the rear-one because you must take apart the rear-wheel axle unit (around 4h of work). One problem was the silent-blocks, Eibach does not provide any of them and the original are too narrow. Because mines was worn the mechanic used them with the larger bars.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It occured to me that perhaps Kevin at MVP or the guys at Formula Dynamics may want to make inquiry with Eibach to identify the sway bars Lionel mentioned in his post. They probably can get through to the people with the answers alot faster than a end user. Just a thought, guys. Coupled with the springs FD are offering, this may just be the ticket!
The bars, smaller springs and skyhook is probably a very good handling package, not expensive for this car.

With a bit mods, this car is phenomenal ! It is a real sport car in an evening dress !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts