Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a GranSport that has the Trident badge missing on the front grill. Here is a photo:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

Anyone know where I can order a replacement Trident badge and how it attaches to the grille? I checked on trident-parts.com and eurospares.co.uk and I couldn't find a replacement Trident badge for the front grille.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree with BF...
Most definitely. It's being PPI'd right now at a Maserati dealer. They will be able to tell me if there had been any prior body damage. I also saw a previous inspection report that did not show any bodywork.

I wonder if the badge clips onto the grille somehow. I can't imagine that it is glued on and I can't think of any other way that it can be secured.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most definitely. It's being PPI'd right now at a Maserati dealer. They will be able to tell me if there had been any prior body damage. I also saw a previous inspection report that did not show any bodywork.

I wonder if the badge clips onto the grille somehow. I can't imagine that it is glued on and I can't think of any other way that it can be secured.
Nevermind. I should do my own homework. You can zoom in on the diagram found on the eurospares site. It looks like the badge has some prongs on the back that probably just snap into the grille. Simple setup.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
There was a thread a few weeks ago about a car with a missing mesh on the back bumper, a little thing, but it ended up being the tip of the iceberg... the guy found out that the car was involved in an accident and had frame damage and etc. Carfax was clean...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
There was a thread a few weeks ago about a car with a missing mesh on the back bumper, a little thing, but it ended up being the tip of the iceberg... the guy found out that the car was involved in an accident and had frame damage and etc. Carfax was clean...
What Niteroi said.

Better to be suspicious of what appears to be a small thing. Follow the trail and see where it leads. Could be that someone just had to have a Trident to add to their Mercedes star and leaping Jag hood ornament collection or......could be that a repair shop got lazy and forgot to order the Trident.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What Niteroi said.

Better to be suspicious of what appears to be a small thing. Follow the trail and see where it leads. Could be that someone just had to have a Trident to add to their Mercedes star and leaping Jag hood ornament collection or......could be that a repair shop got lazy and forgot to order the Trident.
Great advice all. I don't buy used cars very often so I'm trying to be as diligent as possible. I've definitely learned a lot on this forum. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It has 3 nuts on the back side of it. Pretty simple fitment.
Yup. Judging from the shop diagram, it looks like you have to take the bottom cover off of the front spoiler/bumper to get to the backside of the grille.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts