Maserati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Yikes ! And remember the car has to be running !! Hopefully the dog, cat, kids, etc don't jump in and dislodge the shifter putting it in drive while you're under the car . Just kidding, I know your foot has to be on the brake in order to move the shifter from P, and no doubt the EBP is manually in the ON position ,but still.. damn , that does take courage !!

·
Registered
692 Posts
LOL, yeah. if it's any consolation, there are jack stands on pavement under both front and back, and wheel chocks, and the ramps are such that the car wants to roll to the middle. EPB on, park, me underneath in the hollow in the grass whereas the car is on the raised concrete behind, etc. but yeah, still not for the faint of heart.

I need to get a two-post lift for the garage...

and I also need to fix this leak as it's now dumping nearly half a quart a week. apparently the several shops and dealer who all said that the bad bearing sound wasn't something to worry about were not quite right...

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
FYI: Received this information ZF regarding our 6 speed transmissions in our Granturismos:

ZF transmissions are generally filled with lifetime oil. However, due to the many factors influencing the service life of transmissions in individual operation, ZF recommends an oil change after 150,000 km for its transmissions. In operating conditions with high temperatures and loads, or with unknown vehicle use in the past, it can make sense to change the transmission oil at shorter intervals.

Also attached .pdf instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
i work on alot of BMW's so i see LG6 alot. I mean to properly tap into the trans cooler lines with our flush machine and send 12 quarts through it to "properly" flush it would be $350 in fluid alone. Fluid will still look old by the drain and fill way because the converter holds like 5 quarts by itself. Thats how i do it. To each his own though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Maserati does not have it listed on their service schedule like a lot of other manufactures, but it would not hurt to do it at the 60-75k mark IMOP.....Jason
@[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta I know this is a 2 year old thread but I spoke with my shop to ask if he could do a comb over of the car and tell me if anything needs to be serviced. He said the car is in good shape with most of the important things being down (oil, diff, filters, belts etc). He said the only thing he MAY recommend changing the transmission fluid but told me not critical to do it now. I was expecting a bigger list of items to service (preventative) but since he saw the car last in December, he said I'm all up to date and nothing looked concerning.

Car has 30K miles. I was thinking of getting it done anyways (since I'm not sure when or if it was ever done before) but then I read this thread. Any benefit to doing it now for peace of mind? Or pass?

4,540 Posts
I would pass on it..At 30K the fluid is still gonna be a golden color honestly...Kinda of a waste of money....Jason

Reactions: Catmanv2
21 - 29 of 29 Posts