Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic said sure I’ll do it, but also mentioned I might have a problem after. So to me that sounds like he’s giving himself an out. So I’m taking it to the dealership for proper service. $1400 plus tax , filter and gasket included.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Maserati (and ZF) stated that it is a lifetime fluid, I do not agree with lifetime fluid intervals.
I would strongly recommend you have an independent European mechanic do the service. Given that it is a ZF 6 Speed (similar to some BMW gearboxes) you have to use approved gear oil.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Understood, but my luck I probably strip a bolt. What gets me is two different Maserati dealership quotes. One for 1400 and the other is 500, wtf
I did coolant, power steering, engine oil, trans fluid, and rear diff fluid drain and fill in one afternoon… it’s really basic stuff… the only thing sort of tricky is getting the temp right on the transmission, it heats up quickly.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
My 2012 GT MC hit 60K miles and I changed the fluid. Total cost was $500 from an indie including the fluid, gasket and filter which I ordered from Eurospares for delivery to Canada. The dealer quoted $1500. The car was shifting fine before with no noticeable degradation from new. There were no metal filings on the magnet when the pan was dropped.
BUT, I was shocked at the improvement after the change. The shifts where faster, more responsive and smoother!! I then took it on a 3000K rally and it preformed better then ever. Very happy I changed the fluid. I would highly recommend it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts