Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not get back to neutral position, was able to shift up but not down and the car did not move, turned the engine off but then would not start!
Called Maser road ass. , the car is still at the dealership.
03 coupe cambio, 12k, wonderful feeling to have warranty!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mmmmmm68 said:
Could not get back to neutral position, was able to shift up but not down and the car did not move, turned the engine off but then would not start!
Called Maser road ass. , the car is still at the dealership.
03 coupe cambio, 12k, wonderful feeling to have warranty!
sorry to hear. sounds too familiar...
glad you get new parts before the warranty expires.

MNA better get their act together and support the owners with an exceptional extended warrranty for the 02 owners. otherwise, the CC resale and the Maserati brand will just sink.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sounds like the very familiar F1 Pump Hydrolic Failure. Sorry you had, glad to hear its under warranty.

-dsd

·
Registered
681 Posts
Alot of people are having the pump problem lately. Luckily it's a fairly cheap part compared to the F355 F1 pump.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
681 Posts
BTW for people who are not sure what pump I am referring to it is #16 on this diagram.

·
Registered
329 Posts
pganmol said:
That's why i bought the '02 GT instead of the CC. I am so afraid of the CC problem.
Ditto - I did my homework before I bought my '02 GT
(could not be happier with it !!!)

·
Registered
633 Posts
to bring back an old thread...

I was just hit with a Transmission Failure light/warning while driving around Georgetown (lots of stoplights, rough roads, and heavy traffic) in my 06 QP. However, the tranny continued to operate as normal despite the warning. I pulled over, turned off and restarted, an the warning remained yet the tranny was functioning fine (as far as I know). While driving home, the warning light disappeared after about 3/4 mile, and then reappeared seconds later. Finally, about 1.5 miles from home the warning went away again and hasn't come back yet. I just had my clutch and bearings replaced a couple hundred miles ago, so it's not that, and I could still access all gears + N without problem, so I don't think it's the F1 pump.

It's friday and I'm leaving town tonight, should I be taking this into the dealer monday morning or can I wait and see if it comes back?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hoping you're still under warranty (should be). I'd call Glen Marquis at FMoW on Monday to be sure you at least register the problem with a call. I'm sure he'll want you to come in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was just hit with a Transmission Failure light/warning while driving around Georgetown (lots of stoplights, rough roads, and heavy traffic) in my 06 QP. However, the tranny continued to operate as normal despite the warning. I pulled over, turned off and restarted, an the warning remained yet the tranny was functioning fine (as far as I know). While driving home, the warning light disappeared after about 3/4 mile, and then reappeared seconds later. Finally, about 1.5 miles from home the warning went away again and hasn't come back yet. I just had my clutch and bearings replaced a couple hundred miles ago, so it's not that, and I could still access all gears + N without problem, so I don't think it's the F1 pump.

It's friday and I'm leaving town tonight, should I be taking this into the dealer monday morning or can I wait and see if it comes back?
Another thing that can cause the transmission failure light to come on is holding the reverse stalk in reverse for to long. If you lift up and hold that lever back, after 4-5 seconds it will display transmission failure on the instrument cluster, when all it is, is a switch timeout.

·
Registered
250 Posts
From my experience, you should definitely get the car to the shop to be checked. When my clutch position sensor failed, the tran-fail light came on and the car would not start. After repeated attempts, the car started with no light, and everything was fine. 10 miles later, waiting for a traffic signal the engine died, the tran failure light came on and the car was dead. And an open invitation to a rear end shunt.

IMHO, get it checked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts