Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I have over the last 2 years owned the Maserati 3200 and two Coupes. I love the car. I am currently driving a Ferrari 355GTB and am seriously contemplating swapping it for a Grandsport.
I need support here... any comments or encouragement?

Lung

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello there !

Read all the threads started by I love pizza and thebimbo, and posts by Formula1 - and you'll have no problem at all !
I'm still waiting for mine, so if you live in the USA you will almost certainly beat me to it :(

:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been reading all the threads... very exciting. I will be meeting up with the dealer on Monday or Tuesday to get more details i.e. delivery timing, cost, options, colors, etc.

I like a few color combos... black/blacksilver, blue/blue, white/blue.

The blacksilver interior is very practical but the blue interior is refreshing.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
252 Posts
According to some people it will look like you lost all your money and became poor if you trade your Ferrari for Maserati. But you should go ahead and do it anyway. Gransport seems like an awesome state of the art sports car. If it weren't for my love of top own driving I would trade my one year old Spyder in for one. But I will be first in line for the next generation spyder. As a former Maserati owner you should not have the worries that I had on buying my first one. Do think I am hooked on them now and there is no other car I am even thinking of. If Maserati continues like this I see a bright future for them

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a regular on Ferrarichat.com and have heard this absurb comment about downgrading to a Maserati. But u know something... u have to check who are the ones that make the comments. Somethings they are non Ferrari/Maserati owners. They are arm-chair wannabes who criticize and comment on cars they don't own.

I think the Gransport is like the Stradale for Maserati. I really enjoyed the Coupe... I had two of em. Sold my maser 3200, bot a Coupe, sold it, bot a 355GTS and then sold the 355 then bot another Coupe and now bot another 355GTB. All within 14 mths. I guess I buy according to my mood. The Coupe is such a comfortable, refined and reasonably fast car.The 355 on the other hand is more edgy, aggressive and attention grabbing.

I guess I have gone past that I have to be cool in a ferrari thing. I drive coz its a nice car. --- and I think the Gransport is a good balance between the two marques.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bim, My preference of exterior color is as follows:
Fuji white, blue then black (but either one is fine).
Its the interior color that I am struggling with. I saw somewher the blue interior with a white exterior...looked very refreshing. The white with black/sliver interior is cool too, very practical.

I will see if the dealer has any live examples in the showroom. I'll try to take some photos.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cup Holders

I was just asked by my wife to check if the Grandsport has Cup holders. They didn't have em for the 3200 or the Coupe.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Lung, since you had both 3200 n coupe, which you like more ? I just bought a 2nd hand 3200 from dealer rather than 4200 cc n will likely change to GS within the year.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: 3200

zyfanatic said:
Lung, since you had both 3200 n coupe, which you like more ? I just bought a 2nd hand 3200 from dealer rather than 4200 cc n will likely change to GS within the year.
Personally, I liked the 4200 because I had alot of fun with the F1 pedals. I also prefered the seats in the 4200... they were more bucket like. The aspirated engine was great too. Nothing wrong with the 3200, I like its boomarang lights and turbo lag was minimal.

The GS is a different animal all together. More on the edge and a bit more raw. Its basically a harsher ride. I found both the 42 and 32's ride abit too soft for my liking.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just signed on the dotted line today....Gransport!!!!

Thebimbo, IlovePizza, Formula1... I just did it today.

Went to the dealership in my 355 trying to sort out a noise in radiator fan...ended up buying a Fuji white/Blue interior Gransport.

It was there on the show room floor and I had to have it. 2 hours later... done deal.
Picking it up sometime mid next week. YES!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funny thing.. when I woke up this morning... I wasnt planning on buying a car today.
I kinda decided to shelf the idea for a while...then I saw it! Too late... I was seduced by the dark side.

I lost u somewhere on the color scheme...about being on the wrong side of the Force? But stormtroopers are white u know?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thebimbo said:
> I was seduced by the dark side.
huuuuhhhhhuuuuuhhhhuuuuhhhhuuhhhuuuuhhhhhhhhuuuuuhhhhhuuuu
OK Stormtrooper huuuhhhuuuuuhhhhhhuuuuu BTW, what Star are you from?
The Eropagnis System... get it? Hahahaha

Will be taking lots of photos when I get it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
5 Participants
thebimbo
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing