Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a long shot, but in case there's anyone out there with an '06 GS who doesn't care much for all the carbon inside, I've got a mint '05 CC with black leather interior I'd be interested in talking about swapping pieces. I'm in the Philadelphia area and could offer some $ to further motivate you. PM me or send an email to [email protected]

TIA

Ron

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
can you post a picture of your GS' interior?
it is black leather / black leather?
which pieces are you interested in swapping?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
black on black

yes, black on black leather, interested in replacing anything in the car with a carbon piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nav also available

complete nav system is also available if anyone is interested in it...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
-_-"

mille162 said:
It's a long shot, but in case there's anyone out there with an '06 GS who doesn't care much for all the carbon inside, I've got a mint '05 GS with black leather interior I'd be interested in talking about swapping pieces. I'm in the Philadelphia area and could offer some $ to further motivate you. PM me or send an email to [email protected]

TIA

Ron
sorry my friend, i hate to break the news to you, but...
your maserati is NOT a GS.
can you read it says "coupe cambiocorsa" and not 'gransport' on the dash?

now, i might be incorrect... unless your gransport has a special coupe's interior.

i hate it when some owners say they have a "Grand Sport" and this is even worse.

sorry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was about to say the same thing M!,I can see the GS seats. but that is about it. Since we are on the topic, are there any parts on line or any company that makes more carbon fibre parts for MY!!! 06 GRANSPORT. Obviously with the same weave pattern.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
help identifying

Is there a way to tell by the Vin #? It's a 2005 and was sold to me as "2005 Maserati Cambriocorsa Coupe GS"

What are the distinguishing factors between the GS and coupe in 2005? I know the differences in the 2006 models and it's a little more obvious, but was a little harder for me to find the info on the 2005 models when I bought it (was actually a tradein to the dealer after 8 months of use). I thought the seats and wheels confirmed it was a GS?

Can someone please point out what the 2005 GS has that I would be missing in my coupe so I can confirm this.

Guess I should have done a little more homework before purchasing...

TIA

Ron

·
Registered
55 Posts
center console and cup holders are not an option in the GS for starters, also no lcd navigation either. The 2006 cc coupes did have an option for the rear bumper and front bumper from the gs. The most distinguishing factore would be those big side sills"surfboards" which are not available on the options list for a CC. Also the steering wheel has a carbon fiber top to it. And those are porbably the most obvious. But you do have GS seats.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

thanks for the clarification, not knowing too much about the model and not having a lot of time to make the decision on the purchase (was at the dealer ready to buy a GT3 trade in and this was traded in the same day) I assumed this was just the difference between 2005 and 2006 models, not the coupe vs GS. Guess the dealer got me on this one...going to be writing a pretty nasty letter....

Doesn't the GS also have an extra 10hp? Besides cosmetics and the obvious interior differences, any other performance stuff I'm missing? I just pulled out the original window sticker and paid closer attention and it does not say Gransport on the Maserati paperwork, just the paperwork from the dealer. Here are the options:

Brake calipers red
Handy Fire Extinguisher
Black External Grills
Park Distance Control
19" G.Mercury Rims Gransport
Leather uphost. for the headliner
Sport interior
Stitching
Skyhook suspension
Xenon front lights

I'm assuming now the exhaust is not the Tubi designed one, so I'm going to have to get that ordered ASAP (thought it sounded kind of quiet for a Tubi design!).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
carbon parts

gransport13 said:
I was about to say the same thing M!,I can see the GS seats. but that is about it. Since we are on the topic, are there any parts on line or any company that makes more carbon fibre parts for MY!!! 06 GRANSPORT. Obviously with the same weave pattern.
Are basic parts between the coupe and GS interchangeable? Door sills, steering wheel, center console (I'm removing the nav unit for a single din unit and want the single din opening)...Without having the two models parked next to eachother, it's kind of hard to determine what's different material and what's a different shape.

I found a company making the paddle shifter in carbon: http://www.valenceusa.com/maserati.htm

·
Registered
279 Posts
Woah man, that's not a GS... or at least the interior is not... GS cant have a nat sav... also it will be pretty impossible for you to change into the gS carbon firbe stuff coz the size and the buttons arent located at the same place!

the seats are from a GS though... i think you have a CC with a few GS options...

actually i like the red piping... very classy with the black interior...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
wow. sorry to hear.
as the other members already noted:

05 GS vs 05 Coupe off the top of my head:
exterior: more aggressive front end, added orbital shape side skirt, (red Maserati sport emblem), trofeo wheels
interior: GS sport seats, different dash, different headunit, carbon center console, carbon/leather steering wheel, "Gransport" emblem on dash, blue dials with Maserati Gransport, footwell entry plate says "Maserati Gransport"...
characteristic brightex fabric on early GS.
mechanical: revised shifting program (35% quicker), 10mm lower suspension, active sport exhaust (via sport button) made by tubi, extra 10hp (freer flow exhaust), (rumored to have even higher hp)....

may be you havent ever seen a Gransport... you can perhaps see how it looks different:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/maser...mZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ6001QQsamcmZ6001

may be your sport seats were part of the 'sport interior'?

vin and chassis number, they should be sequential for the cars, and not particular to coupe/gs. they would probably be all mixed in. only the dealer should be able to tell on their computer.

please add to the nasty letter that you suffered from the humiliation on a message board because of their lies.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
acutally you may be able to tell from the VIN,
the last numbers are sequential for the coupe/gs/spyders...

but i have noted:

06 GS CC: ZAMEC38Ax600xxxxx
06 GS Spyder: ZAMEB18Ax600xxxxx
06 Coupe GT: ZAMBC38Ax600xxxxx

05 GS CC: ZAMEC38Ax500xxxxx
05 Coupe: ZAMBC38Ax500xxxxx
05 Spyder: ZAMBB18Ax500xxx

04 Coupe: ZAMBC38Ax400xxxxx
04 Spyder: ZAMBB18Ax400xxxxx

03 Coupe: ZAMBC38Ax300xxxxx
03 Spyder: ZAMBB18Ax300xxxxx

02 Coupe: ZAMBC38Ax200xxxxx
02 Spyder: ZAMBB18Ax200xxxxx

so, you have a ZAMEC or a ZAMBC?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry to say, what you got is NOT a GS, but a Coupe with GS seats.

If you have never seen a GS for real, have a look at Maserati's website, you can pull-out their catalogue, or even peruse their on-line car configurator.

But that's NOT a GS, as M! an others have said. Period.

Leo-Nardo (DIMEX), a German company, makes Carbon trim parts for the Coupe (not so sure for the GS, but those you would not need anyway). They are fairly expensive, and sold as trade-in (you have to give your trims as part exchange). If you want, I have their latest price catalogue somewhere as a PDF.

On the NAV, you cannot sell the OEM as it is an integral part of the NIT, unless you sell the whole NIT (and then I don't know if the NIT is swappable from car to car straight away, I think it needs some EPROM re-programming).

Ed

·
Registered
187 Posts
but your happy with it right? :) you still have one of the greatest cars made. Now you have the oportunity to customize it EXACTLY as you want it, so it will not be like every other coupe our there and will be better than a GS to you right?

Robb

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks to all

Robb373 said:
but your happy with it right? :) you still have one of the greatest cars made. Now you have the oportunity to customize it EXACTLY as you want it, so it will not be like every other coupe our there and will be better than a GS to you right?

Robb
Thanks to all with your help. I had a very limited amount of time to research the car before I lost a great deal (under $60k for what was supposed to be 2005 GS, but turns out is a CC with some GS options and 20k miles). I'm happy with it, fell it was still a good deal, but feel like a sucker for accepting the dealers explanation that those GS pieces I've seen and expected from the 2006 were due to model year variations, and that 2005 GS models didn't have the CF interior. Seemed to make sense since I had yet to see a CC with those seats.

Oh well, still happy, plus it's a daily driver and I rarely keep my cars for more than 2 years anyway, so I'll just have to stay up on the current models so I can get a deal on a 2007 GS in '08!

Again, if there are any interchangeable parts and someone doesn't like the carbon, I'm more than willing to swap out the pieces (although I doubt anyone's going to get sick of the carbon...)

Next best option I guess is going to be to try and locate a wreck to get some donor pieces for the interior on the CC. I've got a great company in Germany who did some custom work for my aprilia's only I don't want to ruin my interior (or have the 3+ months downtime) to get it done. Anyone know of a wrecked or part car?

Thanks again for bringing a newbie up to speed pretty quick.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Again, if you find someone with carbon trim pieces on a CC is only because they custom-made them, not because they come as an option from factory (the only available option is briarwood steering wheel + door trims).

Thus, don't think anyone who has spent some dosh in getting their interior trim in carbon would be willing to swap it for anything else. But, you never know...

As said, you can get custom-made carbon trims for the central console/tunnel, steering wheel (in this case, you could fit the one from factory for the GS, which is the same as the CC save its part made of carbon) and door trims.

Here in the UK there are a couple of shops who could re-trim the parts in carbon (you would need to dismantle the original ones, thou) and ditto if you go for the Leo-Nardo ones (as you have to part-exchange the stock ones).

To give you an idea (pieces in black carbon, colored is somewhat more expensive) :

Central console/tunnel trims-> part M.96.42.CS0T -> Eur 955
Dashboard central air diffuser on top -> part M.96.32.CS03T -> Eur 455
6 air vent jets (4 in dash + 2 in tunnel) -> part M.96.32.CS04T -> Eur 920
Panel trims (2 in doors + 2 in back) -> price on request
Handbrake knob -> part M.96.32.CS06T -> Eur 140

You would need to add shipping to US + any import duties + installation (and removal of your existing stock). Not cheapo.

Hope this helps

Ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts