Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this ad for a used '16 GT MC 'vert recently and got me a bit hooked since I love the rare color combo.

What do you guys think? Should I trade in my '13 MC 'vert for this '16 MC 'vert?

https://www.foreigncarsitalia.com/used-Greensboro-2016-Maserati-GranTurismo+Convertible-MC-ZAM45VMA0G0175793

1.jpg

19.jpg

Is the color combo good or is it a bit too "cartoonish?" ("Superman" color)

The one big problem is that there is another guy who put in a prior offer and the dealer wants me to get into a bidding war with this guy so that they can sell it to the highest bidder.

While I love GT's, there is no way I'm going to overpay for this car.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Tough call, but if you really love the color combo ( and it does seem to be unique, or at least rare.. ) “overpaying“ a little over market value may not be that bad, IMO. Though not sure an all out bidding war is warranted, which may lead to regrets spending a ton of money just to beat the other guy and making the dealer happy.
That red is damn bright :surprise:, but colors are such a subjective topic , anyone else’s opinion shouldn’t really matter much, only yours counts . However, since you asked ; :wink2: .. I’m not a fan of bright reds, although I do find the darker “ burnt reds, candy apple reds, and so on ) shades more acceptable. Initially, the two tone interior especially in combo with that red seemed too much over the top, in your face kind of a look, but I would not call it cartoonish. I would have preferred gray or tan ( yes, I know , boring when compared to red, but I think it would compliment that beautiful blue exterior more ) Yet, oddly enough the more I look at it, the more it grows on me, for this car. As as I said, the blue exterior is of course spectacular IMO, so that’s a no brainer .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks great, but personally im not a fan of red, especially that much. Love that it's an mc with blue ext and black wheels though. I've had sport and mc. I couldn't go back to a sport due to looks and sound alone. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
The price seems high given the mileage and how fast the 18s are depreciating and available in the 90s or low 100s used with the mordern infotainment. Color is up to you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Missed the point about bidding war. Be careful of dealer tricks like real estate where a imaginery bidder has a higher offer. Check Cargurus or other websites to see how long it has been listed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Given that your 2013 is already nicely mod, I think it's so much hassle to re-do those mods on the 2016. I think no difference between 13 and 16 models, unless you really like the new color combo. Also, you'll get almost nothing for the 2013 trade-in. If you're half serious, just throw them a low ball offer and leave your number. I'm guessing they got an offer of 65 or 70K, if they even got one (I have doubts). If it's been sitting there for 4 months, it'll likely sit for another 4 months. Let us know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Then the dealer may be trying to get more money out of you on slow moving inventory. Most dealers want a deal done within 90 days

·
Registered
43 Posts
Reminds me of Superman...........I like Superman. I would get a big red cape with the S logo on it and attach it to the back seat headrest for when the top is down. That would look cool driving around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
From a color combo point of view, I believe that red next to blue clash or at least don’t “harmonize”. With white in between, like with many flags, US included, it works great.
So, I am not “all in” on the interior. My opinion only...”your mileage may vary”. Best! JMC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts