Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a error on the driver rear tire. What sensor is used in these things. Can I have Firestone program it or is it better to just drive to the Maserati shop? Firestone said they can only program Dynamic, Orange, Intellisens, Steelman,Ez-sensor, U-pro. I cannot even find these brands online. Thanks for the help. Joe

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
There’s nothing to program in the sensors. A good tire shop should be able to read the battery life left with their device. I suggest changing shops. Huf is a good brand. Get from Formula Dynamics or similar provider. There is a sensor calibration procedure on the car you will need to be familiar with. It’s not difficult.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here is an oem replacement:
Denso 5501911
$67 at rockauto.com
No programming needed. If your shop is scared because its a Maserati, just tell them its the same one thats used in bmw, Audi's and others. Also if one is going out the batteries in the others are going to fail soon too.

Screenshot_20200123-182121_Firefox.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all so much for the help. I really apprct it. Where do I find the procedure I need to go though on the qp to get it recognized. Is that the calibration? Thank you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
To calibrate: There is a mode button on the right side of the steering wheel. You push this button to scroll through options that will show on the center display. Scroll until you see tpms calibration. It then says hold the + button which is next to the mode button. Once you do that you need to drive awhile.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I purchased 4 TPMS sensors from Formula Dynamics for my snows. No problems with them at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts