Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tpms system has stopped working. I get the error and it won't display any tire pressures. Where is the TPMS ecu located? Could it be a bad sensor, TPMS ecu, or both?

·
Registered
294 Posts
mine does that on and off sporadically especially after just starting the car... usually adjust itself back after a few minutes... then may fail again... as long as it works when the PSI is "gone"... I'll live with it....

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Just had the annual service done and needed to get new rear tires. I had purchased some Trofeo rims 10mos. ago and decided to swap out my Neptune rims. I bought new TPMS sensors (Huf IntelliSens 282189) and had them installed on the new rims. Unfortunately, the dealer said they were not recognized and now I get the TPMS malfunction error. I thought maybe because they had put a couple of my old rims in the trunk, that it was causing a conflict. Well, I tried to use the recalibrate function and it still throws and error. I know I can just drive with the warning lights on and check them manually, but are there other options? Dealer said it would cost $900 for new sensors and another $200 for tire remounting. Another question is there a way to check if the TPMS sensors on the wheels are functioning before mounting tires?

3,981 Posts
Most tire shops will have a tool that will activate the sensors and check the readings just by standing by each wheel...If the sensors are old or original then they will need to be replaced at this point...Jason

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I started my 2012 QP5 Sport GTS last night only to find the same TPMS error (flashing icon for 90 seconds). I think it quite likely one or more batteries are dead (I've been told 7-8 years is the average lifetime.) I will price sensors and availability from both my local Mas dealer for Formula Dynamics. When I purchased a set of factory-spec rims from FD 2 years ago for winter use, I used their sensors and they have worked flawlessly through 2 winters with no calibration issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts