Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer wants nearly 800 bucks just for tire sensor and stem, this doesn't include reprogramming, etc. Ive researched forums and see old post, but hoping there are newer options. Just got this car, new garage toy, and I just cant justify nearly 2000 for sensors and module like they want to read my tire pressure. From research, even if I buy the sensors you need a Maserati scan tool for sensor programing, so no matter what you are stuck. Im noticed the 2013 above at least your not hijacked on sensors, you can replace, and reprogram. There is no way I can justify paying double the cost for sensors dealer fees to program, 3 hours to dealership and back in time, for a 09 over a 17. Is there a way to flash system to bypass this, is there any new advancements for modules for older models to be like the newer ones? Has anyone found like the box for 2013 and above that sends out the signal to the module so it thinks its reading it? I do run flats, I can give a rats rear about tpms. It is nice, but not when you are hijacked at those prices, non replaceable battery system, that requires a new programming. This is just to much for a nearly 14 year old car. If anyone found sensors like the ebay or amazon ones like https://www.amazon.com/Mobiletron-T...s=Maserati+TPMS+sensors&qid=1587334028&sr=8-4
that worked out, let me know. All my research says we are screwed; so thank you in advance for any knowledge.

6,922 Posts
There are no new options..All the information is available in previous post on here..It has been covered countless times.There is no conversion or updating to the later system..Best advice is some new HUF sensors and start there..Your local tire place should be able to handle that..J

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sock, the 38 a wheel, is that sensor installed and works on the 07-12 models? I know the 13 and up you can do basically any new sensor and it will recalibrate. From research the older GT etc even when you buy sensor, you have to go to dealer to program the car to them anyway.
Jason, Ive seen you countless times on older post, sorry if you feel like your repeating, last post I seen was like 2 years old. Hoping newer ideas have came out, at the very least, module replacement update so its like the 2013s and up. Im sure you can agree its little excessive to be paying more per part for an older car worth less, than a newer one.
Per Jason or anyone reading, black stem
2008-2010 Maserati GranTurismo TPMS Sensor | Huf RDE001 433MHz
is at 79.98 per, cheapest Ive found. I am assuming even if I buy there, I still am stuck doing the 3 hour drive to Maserati to program these to car, these are not plug and play doable at tire shops is it? Is there any equipment etc that can program these to car, at certain repair shops, or is this one of those maserati only. I know you understand what I mean, most my shops can reprogram a lot of stuff, but some cars have a 2nd computer bank that only factory can get into. Few of my porsches had 2ndary banks. Have to forgive me, I have dual doctorates, military engineer, but Im disabled now and my memory is just crap. From what I recall 2ndary banks are something to do with structural I believe, thus depending on what is reprogrammed is if some nicer shops with obd equipment that can do ferrari etc, sometimes can do reprogramming. Im not sure if you know limits, or what I could possible ask for locally.
Anyone reading that has successfully installed cheaper tpms modules, and had luck, or even if anyone has ordered modules, and had them installed at a tire shop and they worked with reset on tpms let me know. I don't mind bending on price for sensors, my shops are 3 hours plus drive round trip, not counting time there, and they just are a pain in the ass to get to even answer their phones anymore to schedule anything. I called about my RH headlight washer lid, even gave both dealerships parts department part number on answering system 80056810; and they cant even return a call in 3 days. Ill probably get it off of scuderia.com. Kinda funny though Jason, I had to drive right at Atlanta GA to get this car, but Im up here about 1.6 hours from Fort Mill Sc Maserati, and no offense, they suck; read reviews. Charlotte Maseratti, I gave information to service guy, and he took 15 minutes to find out what I did in 4 minutes myself; and only found the part once I gave him the LH side part number; and this isn't my speciality. I just don't feel comfortable with these guys. Michs Foreigh Auto in Hickory is close, but they are very limited, and can not program anything.
Thank you gentleman for responses, means a lot few people willing to offer advice.

6,922 Posts
That emulator thing isn't gonna work most likely as you'll still have faults in the system and get the warning light...There are no aftermarket TPMS modules.. You need to start 4 new HUF sensors and look out for knock off ones as they are out there..You don't need a Maserati scan tool to fix these things..A lot of shops have the knock off scanners like Autels and you can clear the faults and enter the IDs with one of those...Jason

Reactions: Deathlock

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,237 Posts
Simple...buy sensors off Amazon for like under $50 each (MAX) and bring to tire dealer....as mentioned it is plug and play. I did it and was under like $125 for all 4 sensors to buy online

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2009 Maserati Granturismo S, and my TPMS ECU died. The corresponding part number has been superseded by the "ECU TPMS GEN 1.5". Part number 980145654, Ithink. I had this part and the corresponding sensors (part #312450) installed by a dealer.

From what I've read on the forums, the newer cars use a newer TPMS, used by other automakers, that is compatible with much cheaper aftermarket sensors.

ECU was $928. Sensors were $170 a piece. But I'm hoping I can use the $20-30 aftermarket sensors if they ever need replacing.

6,922 Posts
Both systems uses HUF sensors from the factory...You can find aftermarket sensors for both systems...If they work as good as the OE is another story..You can find the OE sensor before they are in a Maserati box for a lot less than 170.00 Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer wants nearly 800 bucks just for tire sensor and stem, this doesn't include reprogramming, etc. Ive researched forums and see old post, but hoping there are newer options. Just got this car, new garage toy, and I just cant justify nearly 2000 for sensors and module like they want to read my tire pressure. From research, even if I buy the sensors you need a Maserati scan tool for sensor programing, so no matter what you are stuck. Im noticed the 2013 above at least your not hijacked on sensors, you can replace, and reprogram. There is no way I can justify paying double the cost for sensors dealer fees to program, 3 hours to dealership and back in time, for a 09 over a 17. Is there a way to flash system to bypass this, is there any new advancements for modules for older models to be like the newer ones? Has anyone found like the box for 2013 and above that sends out the signal to the module so it thinks its reading it? I do run flats, I can give a rats rear about tpms. It is nice, but not when you are hijacked at those prices, non replaceable battery system, that requires a new programming. This is just to much for a nearly 14 year old car. If anyone found sensors like the ebay or amazon ones like https://www.amazon.com/Mobiletron-T...s=Maserati+TPMS+sensors&qid=1587334028&sr=8-4
that worked out, let me know. All my research says we are screwed; so thank you in advance for any knowledge.
I got a set from Discount tire for less than 300.00 installed and programmed last year and still no problem. They are out there.

·
Registered
2012 Quattroporte
97 Posts
Discount Tire $38 a wheel

dont go to the dealer for literally anything.
Not so sure about that, I've had good good experience's at the dealer I've gone too, although it usually is a bit more expensive but there's a comfort in knowing the car is getting repaired by the company that built it. Of course there's always exceptions as I've had good and not so good experiences with both dealer and independent shops. I will add when I had the ECU recall update my tpms gremlin went away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gentlemen … Buck up it’s a Maserati … I have everything done at the dealership service … My car goes in, gets serviced, and is returned operating flawlessly … My recent MGT4 service was $2,900 … Just deal or sell it good grief …

·
Registered
44 Posts
HUF TPMS, these work like a charm nothing special you have to do. I did mine at Americas Tires. 2008 QGTS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Paid 580 at a regular shop with HuF sensors

6,922 Posts
Gentlemen … Buck up it’s a Maserati … I have everything done at the dealership service … My car goes in, gets serviced, and is returned operating flawlessly … My recent MGT4 service was $2,900 … Just deal or sell it good grief …
I wouldn't brag about getting ripped off honestly....I honestly don't know what you had done, but a service on these cars doesn't cost 3K...Just saying...If you are happy then great, but I find that excessive to get one of those serviced...Jason

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Registered
2008 Maserati QP GTS
23 Posts
Sock, the 38 a wheel, is that sensor installed and works on the 07-12 models? I know the 13 and up you can do basically any new sensor and it will recalibrate. From research the older GT etc even when you buy sensor, you have to go to dealer to program the car to them anyway.
Jason, Ive seen you countless times on older post, sorry if you feel like your repeating, last post I seen was like 2 years old. Hoping newer ideas have came out, at the very least, module replacement update so its like the 2013s and up. Im sure you can agree its little excessive to be paying more per part for an older car worth less, than a newer one.
Per Jason or anyone reading, black stem
2008-2010 Maserati GranTurismo TPMS Sensor | Huf RDE001 433MHz
is at 79.98 per, cheapest Ive found. I am assuming even if I buy there, I still am stuck doing the 3 hour drive to Maserati to program these to car, these are not plug and play doable at tire shops is it? Is there any equipment etc that can program these to car, at certain repair shops, or is this one of those maserati only. I know you understand what I mean, most my shops can reprogram a lot of stuff, but some cars have a 2nd computer bank that only factory can get into. Few of my porsches had 2ndary banks. Have to forgive me, I have dual doctorates, military engineer, but Im disabled now and my memory is just crap. From what I recall 2ndary banks are something to do with structural I believe, thus depending on what is reprogrammed is if some nicer shops with obd equipment that can do ferrari etc, sometimes can do reprogramming. Im not sure if you know limits, or what I could possible ask for locally.
Anyone reading that has successfully installed cheaper tpms modules, and had luck, or even if anyone has ordered modules, and had them installed at a tire shop and they worked with reset on tpms let me know. I don't mind bending on price for sensors, my shops are 3 hours plus drive round trip, not counting time there, and they just are a pain in the ass to get to even answer their phones anymore to schedule anything. I called about my RH headlight washer lid, even gave both dealerships parts department part number on answering system 80056810; and they cant even return a call in 3 days. Ill probably get it off of scuderia.com. Kinda funny though Jason, I had to drive right at Atlanta GA to get this car, but Im up here about 1.6 hours from Fort Mill Sc Maserati, and no offense, they suck; read reviews. Charlotte Maseratti, I gave information to service guy, and he took 15 minutes to find out what I did in 4 minutes myself; and only found the part once I gave him the LH side part number; and this isn't my speciality. I just don't feel comfortable with these guys. Michs Foreigh Auto in Hickory is close, but they are very limited, and can not program anything.
Thank you gentleman for responses, means a lot few people willing to offer advice.
This is the complete Huf part number RDE001V21 I just did mine got the sensors from Rock auto $59.00ea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts