Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have a nice tool set in the trunk, just not sure what all it's used for.

Other than the basic screwdriver, these pieces all seem pretty unique.

Anyone know what they are for? Here's a bit of a description, but no clue when I'm going to use it or how it would be used....

1. Sticker indicates this is used for towing the car, to be connected in the front of the car. Any idea where the heck this goes?
2. Screwdriver... ok, but what's the intention? Seems like most things are torx, screwdriver just for the license plate screws?
3. This has a gold coil on the left side, and a round end on the other side (meaning it looks like this is used by hand vs being connected to another device to turn).
4. Basic wrench, one side 17 another 13. Which of deez nuts or bolts does this connect to?
5. Basic wrench, one side 10 and another 8.
6. One side is rounded and the other side is a hex tip, looks like it connects to something.
7. Is this missing or just not something included with the set? Looks like I would have expected to see something in this spot.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo
822 Posts
Funny I bought my car brand new and several of those items are missing. No stickers on any at all.....Only 3 tools in my "new" kit....bastards...

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Looks like I have a nice tool set in the trunk, just not sure what all it's used for.

Other than the basic screwdriver, these pieces all seem pretty unique.

Anyone know what they are for? Here's a bit of a description, but no clue when I'm going to use it or how it would be used....

1. Sticker indicates this is used for towing the car, to be connected in the front of the car. Any idea where the heck this goes?
2. Screwdriver... ok, but what's the intention? Seems like most things are torx, screwdriver just for the license plate screws?
3. This has a gold coil on the left side, and a round end on the other side (meaning it looks like this is used by hand vs being connected to another device to turn).
4. Basic wrench, one side 17 another 13. Which of deez nuts or bolts does this connect to?
5. Basic wrench, one side 10 and another 8.
6. One side is rounded and the other side is a hex tip, looks like it connects to something.
7. Is this missing or just not something included with the set? Looks like I would have expected to see something in this spot.

View attachment 130466
#1 and #3 are very important! Never ever have your vehicle towed without using the Tow Hook #1, connects in the lower right front grille, Passenger side, behind the flap, If you don't use the tow hook you will do suspension/under carriage damage. #3 is the manual parking brake release tool. If your parking brake is on and you loose power or it is stuck on, remove the rear trunk tray (2 phillip screws) lift the tray and it is very accessible. There is no tool for #7 for the GT.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you look on the lower left of your front grill looking from the front, you'll notice a little semi circle plastic flap, lift it out and you'll see a round screw hole where the tow hook screws into and that's what you use for towing.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
If you look on the lower left of your front grill looking from the front, you'll notice a little semi circle plastic flap, lift it out and you'll see a round screw hole where the tow hook screws into and that's what you use for towing.
Posted pic above...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts