Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went driving today... it was my car and a friend's new F-430 on a beautiful highway along El Salvador's coast stopping for a hearty breakfast on a small restaurant overlooking the ocean.

We left at 6:00 am and after about 150 miles we were back at the office by 9:00 am ...each with a big smile on our faces, It was a fun drive!!!

I share some pictures just out of the oven... hope you enjoy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Paco,

Nothing like a nice drive in the Maser to start the day.

Are there some good vacation spots in El Salvador? I think I found my next destination, the roads and landscape look awesome.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Fa-bu-lo-so

Ed

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andrew said:
Paco,

Nothing like a nice drive in the Maser to start the day.

Are there some good vacation spots in El Salvador? I think I found my next destination, the roads and landscape look awesome.
Yes Andrew, there are plenty of things to do here... we have excellent big game sportfishing, Mayan ruins, rainforests and plenty of shopping for the wife.

Once in a while we also have some motor/speed activites, for instance... at the end of September we are planning a Ferrari/Maserati trip to El Salvador/Honduras border to receive the two Ferraris 599 GTB coming from South America. I think they will be here for a couple of days and we'd be able to go to the track at least one day.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Hi Paco, looks like a great start to the morning! Your car looks great in the pictures, could you remind me how much you have lowered it? I am getting mine lowered next week and still trying to decide how far to go... thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Again, my 2 cents...

Whilst chatting today with my dealers chief Maser mechanic, and taking on board some feedback from Paco by PM, he told me that :

1. It's not as easy as said. Getting the alignement right is tricky, and requires (as Paco did on his Maser) a lot of trial-and-error until you get it right.

2. You will never get it done in 1 go : take some turns out, mount back suspension, ride it, go back to the shop, check mountings and alignement, usually dismount, adjust, re-mount and ride the car again... it could take 3-5 tries until you get it sorted.

3. In his opinion, 1/2 an inch front and back is best at giving the car a much improved handling (you virtually eliminate the Coupe's big-time tendency to oversteering) whilst making it suitable for everyday usage. Too much and you go for a car suitable only for butter-smooth / zero-bump roads. Too little and its worthless.

4. He was uneasy about doing an asymmetrical lowering. Paco did it on his car, and seems to work fine, so I'll go for his word on it. This guy said, given the car dynamics, it was not his recommendation. He asserted : 1/2 an inch on both front and back.

My car will go for it in 2 weeks time.

Hope this helps.

Ed

·
Registered
237 Posts
In the first pic that 360 looks positively huge in front of the maserati....angle? I didn't think there was that much of a difference.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tex said:
Hi Paco, looks like a great start to the morning! Your car looks great in the pictures, could you remind me how much you have lowered it? I am getting mine lowered next week and still trying to decide how far to go... thanks.
...yeap Tex, it was a great start indeed.
Lowering my car took a while... we first lowered it 5 turns on all four wheel, then we put the car on the road; drove it and applied brakes sort of violently to make the car settle... we did this several times until it reached the level I was looking for... we ended lowering it 15 turns at the front and 20 turns at the rear.

The inprovement in handling is tremendous... you'll be surprised... go out and grab some curves... challenge it... result will be sticky sticky sticky!!!

maseratifan said:
In the first pic that 360 looks positively huge in front of the maserati....angle? I didn't think there was that much of a difference.
...it's not a 360 but a F-430, nope there is not much difference in size between our cars and the F-430 the difference you see is because of distance and angle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Paco, do you swap your cars with your friend? Your comments? The F430 in yellow is my favorite car if I remove the 4-seats criteria...

Bravo!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Guys I'm the owner of the yellow 430....just visiting your maserati forum today to check on Paco's pics. Great Job Paco the Pics are great!!!!!

regards

Maximus136

·
Registered
773 Posts
heavy traffic

paco, i noticed a lack traffic. there was a yellow sign on left, are you in a reserve? thanks for sharing your weekend drive, all that lush vegie must make middle east green.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Thanks Paco, Troesma

Great advice, I think the 15 and 20 turns (R/F) sounds very similar if you relate it to inches as I was thinking, my thought was half inch up front and 1 inch at rear to get equal gaps round the wheels front and back. 15/20 seems just a bit more, so what the heck I'll experiment and go for it as it seems to look great. I will takes before and after shots to judge the difference. The half inch doesn't seem enough at the rear - sorry but asthetics are almost (!) as important as performance!

Also having the centre exhaust section changed for a Larini straight through X pipe at the same time so will post thoughts on this once done.

Thanks again...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts