Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went thru a rear set of Pirelli's in a little more than a year and got the new Bridgestone run flat tires. Pirelli's had a decent ride quality, but can't say they were amazing and I am disappointed with how short they lasted. Michelin's that I had before them seem to have lasted much longer. Having driven a QP 2004 for 5 years now (50k miles) my impression is that front tires last about 50% longer than rear.

Any other experiences of how long respective tires last?

- Toffe

QP 2004 / 64k miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
Michelin Pilot Supersports. Amazing so far. Outlast PS2 by at least 20%. Not as soft as the Pirelli though. That would be the agressive sport option. We put Continentals on the QP and have been very impressed.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yes, that is the general consensus.

The fronts outlast the rears by double.

Typical numbers, depending on the weight of your right foot are 8-10,000 for the rear and about double that fro the fronts.

Naturally, it varies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW. I was tired of going through tires and these last at least 50% longer for me. Have logged 76,000 miles on a 06'. They are pretty aggressive looking but the ride has been ok.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Try the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW. I was tired of going through tires and these last at least 50% longer for me. Have logged 76,000 miles on a 06'. They are pretty aggressive looking but the ride has been ok.
I think I had those. Very good rain tire ? With huge grooves that throw the water out to the side.

The report on mine said there was virtually no performance drop in wet weather. Thats what sold me.

I found that wide groove tread a bit noisy - but a superb tire that was a great rain tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts