Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

Besides the Pirelli and the PS2, has anyone found other great tires? I am a few 1,000 miles away from buying a new set.

I found this great article on tirerack from Car and Driver 12/05. Goodyear's Eagle F1 GS-D3, were rated the best out of 11 performance tires.

Here is the link to the site you can download the entire article.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/CandD_gy_f1_gs_d3.jsp

The tires were ranked from best to worst: 1st-Goodyear Eagle F1, Continental CsC 2, Yokohama Advan Neova, Michelin PS2, Hankook Ventus R-s2, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Toyo Proxes T1R, Brideston Potenza REO, BFGoodrich G-Force, and in 11th place Kumho Ecsta MX.

Any comments? CM

·
Registered
201 Posts
Toyo

Planning to try the lightest tire myself. Toyo T1R is very light, probably #1 on list.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use the Goodyear F1's. I find them a better tyre than the Pireli or the Michilin. They wear well and dont 'tramline' like I found the Pirelli's did. The tread pattern is nice too!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thing is, different tires work better on different cars. I'd heard about the Goodyears supposed quality so I put them on my M5, but other M5s I've driven that had Michelins on them seemed to have more traction and grip. Plus Michelins wear very well when driven hard, Goodyears less so. I anticipate putting Michelins on again, I've been a fan of their tires for a while now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anyone going with wider rears?

I have an 03 coupe and can't achieve traction on a powerful launch till third gear. I would like to go wider on the stock rims. Has anyone done this? what fits and sticks?

robb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts