·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the existing tires on my 2002 Syder GT:

Continental ExtremeContact Sports XL DW
Fronts: 245/35ZR19 XL
Rears: 275/35ZR19 XL

It appears Continental has discountined the ExtremeContact Sports XL DW summer tires (DWS all season are still available). I can buy new DW (probably old inventory) but I worry that the DOT date might be either beyond the recommended 6 years or very close to 2014/2015.

Any suggestions on comparable tires?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Get Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, its one of the best available and you can't go wrong with them. Its the OEM tire for most supercars these days and are significantly better than the P-Zeros that would've come with this car from the factory.

If you're on a tighter budget go for the Firestone Indy 500 (rebranded Bridgestone RE003) or Nitto Invo/NT555 which are well regarded as a more affordable performance tire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pilot sport 4s is great like twinspark said. If your just taking the car out during summers or only good days I personally would step up to the ps2 which is more performance oriented but again it’s all on weather and driving style

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great suggestions! I will look into all of them. Much appreciated.

Get Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, its one of the best available and you can't go wrong with them. Its the OEM tire for most supercars these days and are significantly better than the P-Zeros that would've come with this car from the factory.

If you're on a tighter budget go for the Firestone Indy 500 (rebranded Bridgestone RE003) or Nitto Invo/NT555 which are well regarded as a more affordable performance tire.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How are either the Pilot 4S or Indy500's in the rain?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Purchased my Michelin PS4S from 4wheelonline last year. Wet traction is not phenomenal, but you will be fine as long as you don't accelerate hard.

·
Registered
4200 Manual
14 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but is there a recommendation for the stock 4200 wheels?

235 40 R18
265 35 R18

There seem to be no Pilot Sport 4s for the rear.

Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
4200 GT
29 Posts
+1 Asymmetric 5's..very well reviewed in both dry and wet performance.
Personally running Vredestein Ultac Vorti atm. No complaints for the price point but fairly easily overwhelmed for rear grip in the wet....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts