Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had yet another tyre failure on my '02 CC Coupe.
I have now bought 5 tyres for the car inside 12 months!
Three tyres failed, two due to golf-ball size side-wall bulges and I suspect the same for the third. They were all Michelin Pilot Sports.
The car gets daily use but I expect a bit more durability from the "top" marque.
I am interested to hear how much wear other owners get from tyres? Ar the tyres generally liable to fail in this way? Has anyone moved to a different brand?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was just about to ask the same question. My Michelin's haven't yet failed but they seem to wear real easily (I can see lots of tire marks on the concrete driveway).

·
Registered
333 Posts
I only have 600 km. on my pilots and had to change one for the same reason about 200 km. ago. I've been arguing tire failure with the dealer but he is kinda hesitating to believe me... your post will sure defend my position :) Thanks!!!

IMO, warranty should replace yours.

In regards to thers brand, I've heard of some CC wearing Pirellis but I'm not so sure if they are OK for the area you live in...

I wonder why they don't come with run-flats, a tire failure at the speed these babies reach could be fatal.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I did not pay attention but I have the ExtraLoad version. I actually did not notice any difference with the previous PS2 set. Price here in Fribourg : CHF 1'780.00 for the set (all included).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently had a set of Michelin PS II's on an Audi RS 6 that were among the finest high performance tires I have driven on! Iam about to buy a GranSport and will have PS II's on it at the first change...or maybe sooner from what has been said above.

DAB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tires

I have 32K miles on my car as it is used as a daily driver. I have had no unexplained tire failures using the Michelin PS II Extra Load (95Y load range). I had one tire blowout but that was from hitting a huge pothole one night.

The only problem I have is that even with verifying the alignment settings are correct, my fronts wear the insides more than the outsides.

I get about 10K miles per tire, though which is not bad considering how hard I drive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use Pirelli P Zero rossos

I run Pirelli p Zero Rossos on my Maserati 4200 Coupe and they are excellent. The other advantage is that I will have the front tyres swapped over after about 5000miles to even out the 'toe-in' wear you get - this gives more life. The pirellis are directional but can go on either side of the car if they are taken off the rim and re fitted. I'm not sure of the correct term but the original tyres are asymmetric meaning they can only sit on a particular corner of the car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
my 04 car came with Goodyear Eagles. prone to tramline a bit. Any other experience of these and are Michelin sport 2 better?

·
Registered
41 Posts
SJP63 said:
my 04 car came with Goodyear Eagles. prone to tramline a bit. Any other experience of these and are Michelin sport 2 better?
My 02 got new Michelin PSs when I picked it up used from the dealership, and they lasted about 7000 miles. I've switched to Eagle F1 Pilots and they seem very good, though I did get some advice to over-inflate them by 0.1-0.2 bar (from some Subaru owners who reckoned they provide a better ride then).

cheers
Ewan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
EwanD
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing