Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to get new tires for my 02 Spyder GT. I'm most interested in dry & wet road traction and looking for tires with good tread wear and low noise. I live in Houston so there's no need to consider winter weather qualities.

Any folks here have thoughts on tires I should consider based on their experience? I am currently considering Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-DS as I have read good reviews but they are quite pricey (2 rear tires run $650-$700 installed here in Houston). Also, a few friends are raving about Toyo Proxes T1R but I can't find much information on them.

I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just orders Pilot PS2s for my maser great tire I have used it on my carrera before...they are expensive but definately worth the money...as for the Goodyear....I hate goodyear tires too much money for not enough grip

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am sure I will be flamed for this

Try the Kumho Ecsta tires. I put them on my Boxster S 3 times. I really disliked the Pirellis. I realll like the Bridgestone SO-2s that I put on my 355 but the were expensive. Some of the Porsche Club guys in Austin were using the Kumhos on their cars so I tried them out. They were the best &750 I could ever spend. The wet and dry traction were great and the tread life was better then the bridgestone's. I was made fun of by all the "purists" but I did not see the sense in spending $2k on tires for a car that was worth $30k, especially when the cheaper tires, in my opinion, were just as good.

I am in Houston as well. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts