Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I couldn’t find much info from using the search tool. What size tire would you use for a 12” wide rear? And a 9.5” front?
I do like the oem look, where the front 245’s are flush with the rim, and the rear 285’s have that ever so slight ‘stretched’ look.

Forged 2 piece 21’s, below is what I have in mind:

Front: 9.5” 255/30/21
Rear: 12” 315/30/21

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks like the sizes you have in mind will work. I have a 255/30 21 on the front of my 9.5 wheel. But I have 335/25 22 on the back of my 14 inch wide 22. All fits with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
164 Posts
I didn’t realize 335’s would work. I thought 315 was the widest. Nice to know. Do you have pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the sizes you have in mind will work. I have a 255/30 21 on the front of my 9.5 wheel. But I have 335/25 22 on the back of my 14 inch wide 22. All fits with no issues.
14 inch wide!! That’s crazy 😜! Wow our cars car sure take some big wheels .... no rubbing at all in the front either? I’m lowered on FD Springs

·
Registered
279 Posts
No rubbing. Im dropped 4 turns on all 4 corners on the factory coil overs that were on the 08s and 09s. The passenger front wheel rubbed slightly on full locked turn when i 1st put them one, but that was because my camber on my alignment was off when I first lowered it. But that was corrected with a fresh alignment, all perfect. Backs never rubbed, driver front never rubbed also.

·
Registered
174 Posts
No rubbing. Im dropped 4 turns on all 4 corners on the factory coil overs that were on the 08s and 09s. The passenger front wheel rubbed slightly on full locked turn when i 1st put them one, but that was because my camber on my alignment was off when I first lowered it. But that was corrected with a fresh alignment, all perfect. Backs never rubbed, driver front never rubbed also.
What do you mean dropped 4 turns? Not familiar with that lingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
The struts are threaded on coil overs and height is adjusted by turning the nut. I turned the nut 4 full rotations to lower it. If I want to go back tk stock height, I will turn it back the opposite direction 4 full turns

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, thats great to hear! Love your yellow brakes your car looks real nice

·
Registered
382 Posts
SUV tires???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts