1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turned out darker than I expected. The guy did the job in the sun and it looked pretty good, kinda dark grey but you could see the red still. When I stopped at a shade... it looked black!

I'll go back there Friday and try a lighter shade, I don't like our taillights, they're too red, too bright. I'll also try a slightly darker tinting on the windows.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
The windows' tint is a good idea. On the lights, I think red gives our cars a nice combination. Very Darth Maul ;)

Oh here we go, I've geeked out again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was never a big fan of it, but I've seen some nice ones lately, like those 612's:

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Are they Legal???

Being a retired Chief of Police in California I always look to aftermarket products and determine if they are street legal (in California). I would have a question about the legality of these (I'm guessing) colored/tinted lenses. Even with an assurance from the manufacturer/installer, I would check with the local CHP office and have them take a look.

As far as looks are concerned here, I think they are too dark.

Good luck; things
do go better with black cars!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip, Carmine, I'll ask CHP tomorrow, before I get a ticket.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Headlamp overheating problems with film?

Guys - I have friend with a Porsche that was planning on putting film on his headlamp covers but, the owner's manual cautioned against doing this as the film will keep the heat from the lamps in and possibly cause damage. Anyone have any thoughts/experience in this area for our cars. I've wanted to put a clear protective film over mine to guard against stone damage but, now I'm reconsidering.

·
5,887 Posts
What do you guys think?
I'm not a fan of tinted tail lights. Aside from the fact that is could make you harder to see, it just doesn't look right. People do that sort of thing to their Ford Mustang or [fill in the blank] Dodge. IMHO, on an Italian GT, it doesn't work.

Guys - I have friend with a Porsche that was planning on putting film on his headlamp covers but, the owner's manual cautioned against doing this as the film will keep the heat from the lamps in and possibly cause damage. Anyone have any thoughts/experience in this area for our cars. I've wanted to put a clear protective film over mine to guard against stone damage but, now I'm reconsidering.
I have 3M rock guard covering the entire front of my car including the headlights. No problems at all. However, the longest I have ever driven the car without a significant (1 hour or more) stop is about 2 hours. Maybe more time between stops or extended time with high beams on would bake or melt the covering.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
274 Posts
Some people have class naturally, others think money can buy can it ,there ought to be a law against degrading a maserati almost the same as drawing a moustache o the mona lisa :mad:

Then again im british

Regards loz

·
Registered
695 Posts
Rear visibility would be my greatest concern also. However, the "look" works on a black car. Almost every black S550 Merc in L.A. sports the black out tails - to the point I have been wondering if it is factory.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Na not factory spec , as i said just no class, and isnt that where graffiti came from originally i rest my case m'lud

regards lozcb

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tinted taillights

Sorry-not my cup of tea!

With many things. Yanks want to be more like European. Brits want to be American. Germans too look to the West but I think that adding spoilers, too much carbon and bling bling wheels and lambo doors kinda spoils it. All power to the Americans for Tuning mechanically. We in England are very cautious about messing around with the mechanicals on such an expensive car but I guess thats how to progress and thats why the US leads the way in many many things in technology.

PS. White cars are a big no no in Europe-especially in Germany.
Just my observation - no offence to anyone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Niteroi, looks unique and makes the rear look more aggressive. How was it tinted, with tint films, special tail light film, or painted?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some people have class naturally,
And you are definitely not one of them.

Ktd, it's a removable film.

Everybody who's seen the car in person loved it, including girls. They all told me to keep it like that, but I think I'm going to try a lighter one.

007, I don't like "bling bling" either, never done anything in my cars, but I don't like those big red taillights. Too bright.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Some people have class naturally, others think money can buy can it ,there ought to be a law against degrading a maserati almost the same as drawing a moustache o the mona lisa :mad:

Then again im british

Regards loz

If you don’t like it, say so, but please don't be rude to other ML members.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

Then again im british

Regards loz
naturally, you don't seem to have any either.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I love it! And, by the way, class come from within, it has nothing to do with what your car looks like. It's your car do what you like.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.