1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
660 Posts
After four mainly happy years I am looking to upgrade my 02 CC coupe and have my eye on one of the Gransports in the UK dealer network.
I am arranging test drive but just wondering if anyone on this board might know anything about the (short) history of this vehicle:

http://www.maseratidealers.com/deta...56841,14056815,14056796&vidindex=1&starthit=5
Looks sweet, but not really many options seems. Nice that it has full leather (and the red piping looks sweet). Best of all is that's under warranty. Speak to Andrew (Hamilton Gray) at Graypaul Edinburgh (say Eduardo told you so) and discuss a deal.

Good luck..!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Very low mileage. Not sure I necessarily like that on a car like ours. Check (or rather, have the dealer confirm) how much clutch it's got left.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well BF, mine has 5.6K miles on the clock and is a 06 model. Last time I checked clutch it was 18 pct worn. So best thing is for Graypaul to provide an SD3 readout. Just make sure the 6K servicing has been done on it prior to purchase. And of course, that it rides well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update- I tested this GS last weekend and it drove superbly. Bad news - it has had one (not very) careful lady owner and still needed cleaning inside and out plus minor paint on the side of the front bumper (had not been prepared for sale really (to my surprise) but then it looked like a good scrub would revive it!) It is sometimes better to see a used vehicle "in the raw"!

Good news - the spec is much higher than advertised. From previous posts it appears to be a Limited Edition (leather headliner, full leather, black grills, red calipers, auditorium 2000) - but can anyone confirm what else should be on an LE model?

Also - low miles on a June 07 car but please comment on this: 4.4K miles and a new set of tyres required?
Has had a short but "harsh" life? I am still interested esp. as it drove so well and has 2 years of warranty left.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tires often wear out prematurely due to factory alignment specs that result in wear on the inside of the front tires. Mine were replaced at 6,500 miles.

Eric

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes - consistent with what the dealer said - some inside edges were down to around 3mm and they decided to put on new tyres all round.
They have also done a full alignment on the car just in case it was even more extreme than it should be! I have asked for the paperwork.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to let you know that I picked up the GS yesterday - and here is a quick pic.

Attachments

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
BigFoot, he bought the fastest color! ;)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
He definitely did :D

We should perhaps start a Black GranSport Club, with "The Fatest Colour" as motto :cool:

Not black. Nero Carbonio. ;) Hahaha!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not sure about the "fatest" colour - perhaps the "fastest"?
... then again...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Update- I tested this GS last weekend and it drove superbly. Bad news - it has had one (not very) careful lady owner and still needed cleaning inside and out plus minor paint on the side of the front bumper (had not been prepared for sale really (to my surprise) but then it looked like a good scrub would revive it!) It is sometimes better to see a used vehicle "in the raw"!

Good news - the spec is much higher than advertised. From previous posts it appears to be a Limited Edition (leather headliner, full leather, black grills, red calipers, auditorium 2000) - but can anyone confirm what else should be on an LE model?

Also - low miles on a June 07 car but please comment on this: 4.4K miles and a new set of tyres required?
Has had a short but "harsh" life? I am still interested esp. as it drove so well and has 2 years of warranty left.
Congrats dude..! Looks fantastic.

On the LE specs, well, interestingly it depends. In my case, opted-out of the black front/rear grill (has the chrome one), electrochromatic mirror (absolute crap) and LE trofeo wheels (prefer the silver OEM; looks better with the paint color) but otherwise it seems it has everything else. Do you have SatNav+phone enabled..? (phone-wise, check for the little speaker just by the rear mirror mount...)

Ah, forgot... standard LE spec on black leather is red stitching... I did prefer nero stitching (red has awesome first looks, but becomes a bit tiring after a while IMHO).

Mine is a MY06 with 5.7K on the clock. Tyres (PZeros) have 5 mm thread (no camber or inside wear on fronts) from factory, so dunno...

HTH.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts