Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
726 Posts
Long time lurker on this site....thought I would throw out a request for help/input

I have got a 2005 CC Coupe on lease about to expire and need a new car.
I have 2 children ages 4 and 3 so my wife is urging me to upgrade to a car with usable back seats for the kids.

Problem: drove the QP and while it drives nicely...better than the new Jag XF...different than an M5 or M6. More style than the others with nice road feel. Nonetheless, not remotely as much fun as driving the coupe. So I think maybe get purchase a 06 Gransport rather than lease a QP since I really enjoy the coupe so much.

Anyone have 7 year old kids and use their GS as daily driver with kids in car? How's it working?

It seems from other posts on the site this is a decision at least one other member is going through and others have considered. Any updates from those members about their revelations?

Any random thoughts from others greatly appreciated too?

Thanks
I'm surprised that no one has suggested buying out your Coupe! That would actually be the best option, if you like driving it (which you indicated). You'd be able to purchase it for a fraction of what you paid (probably 50%?) and would have a "known quantity".

If I were in your situation, with a 2005, I'd give serious thought to buying it outright and taking my time making the next purchase decision.

Also, the rear seats are quite "usable" for kids (and adults) in your Coupe. I shuttle mine to and from baseball and lacrosse practice all the time in my Coupe.

· Premium Member
726 Posts
Buy out advice noted and accepted. Will check on residual and see if worthwhile. Is the buy out negotiable in the event the price of the car in the market has tanked below this figure? anyone ever negotiate their buyout?
Very negotiable. Having a used Maserati sitting on the lot is an expensive proposition for the dealer. They also want your service business. They're willing to deal in exchange for a "convenient transaction".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.