Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the original FIAM battery in my 05 QP this weekend with a new Interstate MHT-48, as the FIAM was no longer holding a charge after a couple of days. I disconnected power from the car completely when I did this, so I had to input radio codes and reset the settings on the car. I've input the time, and the digital display is correct, but the analog clock just keeps spinning! I figured it would eventually stop, but it is now 24 hours and the thing is still going. I drove the car at least 75 miles yesterday, but no change. Anybody encounter a similar issue? Is there an easy fix for this, or do I just need to disconnect the clock and look at my digital display?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sometimes my clock also gets crazy....shows the wrong time....I was already wondering if it is the time in Italy :) ...but then suddenly the clock starts spinning one turn and "voila" it is correct.
Actually as you say the last time I had this issue was also when I replaced my battery.

But that it does not stop spinning like crazy I never had...

The panel with the clock is easy to remove....it's just snapped on place....maybe take it out ....disconnect the clock and reconnect....it may help...

Sorry that I cannot help you more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This worked for me. Enter "Set Time and Date"

1. Disable the gps update
2. Manually set the time
3. Manually set the date. Mine was set to 2006!!!
4. Re enable GPS update.

The problem with mine revolved around the date setting which had gone back to some default date from the year of manufacture.

Happy spinning

Paul

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had that exact thing happen once and after spending a month with MNA red tape, I ended up replacing the Nodo Imperiale (roof module) it is behind the glove box and is easy to replace. The bad thing is, the wires to the clock are not anywhere in the factory service manual and Maserati has no intentions of updating either. There are 3 wires, one power, one ground, and a communications line to the Nodo Imperiale. Good luck buddy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts