Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fyi I am in the process of verifying if this is actually doable but I saw that the New GranTurismo S will have full ipod intergration as well as sirius satelite capability. Looks to be very similar stereo to what is in my 2009 GranTurismo except for the obvious "Full Ipod Integration and Sirius Satelite Capability!". I sent a message to my local Ferrari/Maserati dealer and he tells me that it may be something that can be retrofitted into my car seamlessly. Anyone else have any thoughts regarding this and what woould be a reasonable price to pay. My dealer telling me potentially around a $5,000 retrofit. Sounds quite full considering what a much more powerful albiet not Maserati product would cost as an option. Thing is I want to maintain as much originality as possible, as well as maintain the functionality of my steering wheel controls. Anyone have any info, thoughts, comments?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Yes the new Automatic Gran Turismo launched at Geneva will be WIRED for satellite radio although why Maserati does not install one like Jaguar does for the US markets is beyond belief! I tried having an installer put a small Sirius receiver into my 2008 and we could not find a suitable place for it so I did not bother.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of yanking out the orig stereo in my 2009 gt and replacing it with a gts unit if it is a direct replacement that works seemlessly with everything else. just dont know if thats doable.

·
Registered
402 Posts
they should be able to do this with a firmware upgrade (not satellite though). i have not tried an ipod yet on my GT-S, i was told models that were built close to end of year in 2008, had the full integration. Id like to have the nicer knobs on the new stereo, why they used the cheap ones on the 2008-2009 GT\GT-S is beyond me :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
they should be able to do this with a firmware upgrade (not satellite though). i have not tried an ipod yet on my GT-S, i was told models that were built close to end of year in 2008, had the full integration. Id like to have the nicer knobs on the new stereo, why they used the cheap ones on the 2008-2009 GT\GT-S is beyond me :confused:
Are you saying the stereo knobs are different on the new GT-S Auto? Do you have a photo?

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are different ways to go about it. I know a few people have had Advanced Auto Designs convert their non-touch screen Nav screens into touch screens, and then interfaced that with Kenwood KOS-1000 for backup camera, iPod interface, Sat, Nav, etc etc etc.

This thread talks about it a bit - http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52328

Advanced Auto's website is - http://www.advanceddesigninc.net/

HJQP
-----------
06 Quattroporte SportGT Nero/Nero/Red/CF

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adam, talk to me please re: this firmwarte upgrade. Would this not need me to replace the unit, more or less just plug something into it and upload something? That would be a dream come true and completely solve my issue. I could live without Siriius, but I really would like to control the ipod thru the dash and not the glove box. Or at the very lease have it turn off when i shut the car off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone knoww anything re: a "Firmware Upgrade". would this be something that would be a software only thing, in other words not needing to do aany new installation other than plugging something into it for like a half hour or so? This would be sweet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts