Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who has a car currently on order, or will in the future, I HIGHLY suggest quadruple checking your order with your dealer. This may be common knowledge for the veteran exotic owner, but a little new to me.

I had verbally discussed my order over the phone, and sent 2 emails with all details, on what I wanted. Luckily I stopped at my dealer yesterday, who said the car was probably locked last week. We pulled up my order on screen, and I found they had missed a few things, that I would have been furious had they not been on my car when it arrived. There is a "Red 10 Status" which is indicated with a red box in the ordering system. When we pulled mine up, it was not a red 10, but a 10, so it was seconds away from being locked. We were able to add the things they missed, and I was able to change my calipers form Blue to Red (did this after seeing how dark\navy blue the calipers were, compared with the bright blue on the configurator).

Had I come in one day later, I would have been a VERY unhappy owner, in fact, may not have taken delivery.

Just a heads up to those with orders on hand. Maybe if I had went over the details when I was actually AT the dealer, this wouldn’t have been a prob.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
For anyone who has a car currently on order, or will in the future, I HIGHLY suggest quadruple checking your order with your dealer. This may be common knowledge for the veteran exotic owner, but a little new to me.

I had verbally discussed my order over the phone, and sent 2 emails with all details, on what I wanted. Luckily I stopped at my dealer yesterday, who said the car was probably locked last week. We pulled up my order on screen, and I found they had missed a few things, that I would have been furious had they not been on my car when it arrived. There is a "Red 10 Status" which is indicated with a red box in the ordering system. When we pulled mine up, it was not a red 10, but a 10, so it was seconds away from being locked. We were able to add the things they missed, and I was able to change my calipers form Blue to Red (did this after seeing how dark\navy blue the calipers were, compared with the bright blue on the configurator).

Had I come in one day later, I would have been a VERY unhappy owner, in fact, may not have taken delivery.

Just a heads up to those with orders on hand. Maybe if I had went over the details when I was actually AT the dealer, this wouldn’t have been a prob.
it happened to me when i ordered my QP back in 2004.
i never checked the order, and yes, it got a couple of mistakes:

1) wrong wood trims! but this turns out to be okay, because the wood samples were not even close to actual.
2) missing rear comfort/massage seats.

i don't remember how much it was, but around a $5000 option?... so i saved $5k, and demanded some discounts in the transaction to ease the pain of having a car that is not what i specified.

yes, i recommend reconfirming your order.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Happened to me when I got my first car (an Alfa Romeo). They forgot to order some of the options I had asked for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts