Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how those vent thingys move in tandem? The one on the far left side came apart somehow and they don't move together anymore. How do I get them to be friends again? I can feel a little arm in there but it doesn't seem to reach what I think might be the connector on the other side. Am I missing a doohickey?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Can you not use a pipe cleaner bent into a hook to grab the tandem piece and perhaps use a string to pull it so that it clips in? Its difficult without having a closer look.
good luck anyway.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I believe that the entire unit can safely pop out (perform this at your own risk), be reassembled, and pushed back in. I did this for the rear vents after my kids whacked 'em.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
dchao said:
Vent thingys that's moving in tandem? What are you talking about? :confused:

The vents in the dash that flop to and fro when you push them. Imagine moving the enter fin in the vent and the other fins don't follow.... Get it?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm anal.

Rick, did you just yank the thing out? Or are there some sort of attachments to look for?

·
Registered
160 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
The vents in the dash that flop to and fro when you push them. Imagine moving the enter fin in the vent and the other fins don't follow.... Get it?
Aaagh - I kept imagining the left and right vents moving in tandem. Forgot there were two flaps per vent. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Yeah, I just pulled steadily and they came out. Just remember that these were the *rear* vents, so I don't know if the front vents behave similarly.

Once I had them out, it was easy to snap the blades back onto the actuator arm (nothing was broken in my case, just disconnected).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts