Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, I bought my 2003 Coupe from Maserati of Minneapolis and got it delivered around the same time Buzz did (late January).

It being a 2003, I knew the warranty was set to end this year, so before buying, I asked "when".

Pete said late 2007, around December

Hooray!

The car came, along with books. The warranty book said that the car was purchased 12/22/03.

Late 2007!!

So I make an appointment a few weeks ago for today with FM Orange County... 18.5 service plus a bunch of warranty issues...

I get there, he enters my VIN...

"Today is the 23rd...right?"
"Yup"
"This car's out of warranty... since yesterday (7/22)"

So I run to the car, get the book, and show him...

He looks confused, then notices that the book is for a DIFFERENT car...

An 04... different VIN... I was given the wrong books by M of M

He said he would call MNA to see if they would let him do the service...

I swear if they don't I am going to be very angry... at a bunch of people...

·
Registered
133 Posts
WOW - That's a shocker!

If MNA has any sense they will let them do the warranty issues. Come on it is only a day!!!!!
If MNA is not willing to go ahead I am sure M of M will come through for you. Did you talk to them already? It sounds to me that it is an honest mistake and nothing purposeful, or even malicous to induce you to make the purchase. M of M's reputation is stellar. I wouldn't worry too much - yet.

Let us know how it plays out! Good Luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
WOW - That's a shocker!

If MNA has any sense they will let them do the warranty issues. Come on it is only a day!!!!!
If MNA is not willing to go ahead I am sure M of M will come through for you. Did you talk to them already? It sounds to me that it is an honest mistake and nothing purposeful, or even malicous to induce you to make the purchase. M of M's reputation is stellar. I wouldn't worry too much - yet.

Let us know how it plays out! Good Luck!
If the dealer is an honest and admirable trader, he ought to cover you under warranty, cause he told you so!
I don't believe that the service book was changed on purpose, so in a good will gesture you will get what you deserve!
I don't know M of M but a negative opinion from any buyer in this forum about them, will be no good for them!
I would't worry..... yet!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
A lot of times the previous owner will go out and buy a set of books from a different car (because he lost the originals) hoping it will increase his trade-in value. I doubt very seriously that MoM did that on purpose. I'm sure they just filed the books away in a folder for that car and when you bought it, they gave them to you. The bummer is when you think you have the CODE cards and the're wrong.

The first time I visited the dealer was for my 6K service within a few months of buying the car. The paperwork clearly showed my warranty expiration date, which I now have copies of in the garage and at work to remind me.

A day after expiration should NOT be a problem under the circumstances.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I in no way meant to imply that MoM did anything malicious at all... sorry if it seemed that way...

:]

Mark, I dont want to bother you if it isnt necessary... So far things with Mas of OC look good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts