Maserati Forum banner

Thinking of a Quattroporte

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  NeilF8888 
#1 ·
I have a '04 XJR and am thinking of trading it in for a new '07 Quattroporte what are the ups and downs of owning a Quattroporte and if anyone has owned both what are the differences.

#3 ·
I say drive it like you stole it....
for everyday driving i have found that you HAVE TO drive it that way.
The QP enjoys high revs. I personally enjoy paddle shifting w/ Tubi exhaust.

True TRUE it is an expense to maintain compared to BMW, AMG's and Jag's
but when you valet or you're surrounded by other german cars you definately "arrive"...

Problems .. for me it has been really minor stuff that has all been covered by warranty at the dealer of purchase.

good luck best wishes

the kid

#6 ·
QP is great

Use my QP as daily driver. I've owned a 05,06 and now have a 07 Sport GT. The transmission on the Sport GT is much better than previous models but not as good as the Ferrari. Can't talk about longevity as I usually trade every year. Have never had any real problems with the car except rattles in my 05's dash.

The car drives great, it's a little underpowered in comparison with the teutonic competition. I consider it a four door Ferrari and I own a 430 Spider, 430 Challenge and a 599.

Buy it! If you are not a true enthusiast get the automatic, it's probably 98% of the car with none of the hassles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.