Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an e46 m3 and am seriously thinking about trading it in for a 02/03 coupe. What is the factory warranty on it? Can I purchase an extended warranty? What should I look out for in these cars..what are they known to break down for?

·
Registered
46 Posts
there isnt a factory authorized preowned warranty yet, at least in the United States. There have been all types of rumors that Maserati is going to introduce a warranty for their used cars in the near future. You should definitely go test drive both a manual and a cambiocorsa equipped car. That way you can decide which transmissions to go with. There have been updates done to the cambiocorsa transmission that makes it much more fulfilling to drive. I don't own a coupe so I cannot tell you wait to really expect regarding price for repairs. I have read a lot of people are worried about the cost of replacing parts for the cambiocorsa transmission after the warranty expires. I am sure more people here will be able to give you more information. There are a lot of used coupes available so you should have a nice selection to choose from. Good luck.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Try for an 04 or later.

If you do a search on these boards you will get all the info you need.

02 was the first year of the coupe in the States and Maserati made a small number of 03 coupes. Try to buy an 04 or later Coupe with low miles so you will get a nice long warranty. 05 -06 changed front and rear ground effects.

As of now there are no extended warranties. Service costs are high. Figure 300 plus for an oil change, (twice a year $600.00). Low gas mileage. 11/13mpg Services every 12,500 miles (say $1,000 each major service starting at 18,500 miles) and lastly budget about $100 each month for a new clutch on a CC which may be replaced at 25,000 - 35,000 miles... ($2,500.00)

These are ballpark estimates which as an owner I am fine paying. Actually, I love my maserati so much it makes no difference to me what it costs.

A used Maserati is the best bang for your buck on the market. Dollar for dollar, 60,000 - 75,000 will get you a beautiful almost new coupe loaded.

I love the CC, its a blast to drive and the paddles are very engaging. These cars are rare and stunning. Its a practical exoctic you can drive everyday and even stick a child or two adults in the back seat.

There seem to be problems with the 02 spyders and the frame shake? I don't know of many problems on the coupes. Other than some warranty work on my car, at 8,000 miles there have been no problems or complaints. Just smiles when I start the engine.

If you can, take the car to a dealer and have it inspected before you buy it or try to buy it from an authorized dealer.

Treat yourself, you only live once. Good Luck. CM

Good Luck. CM

·
Registered
88 Posts
HEy drop that M3 like its hot

Hey I have driven an 05 E55 as my daily driver for a year, and I now gave that car to my wife and use my 06 GS for my daily drivwer when it is dry, because when its rining the car is no fun to drive. You know its like taking a lion and sticking him in a cage. THe GS has given me more joy than I could ever hope for from a vehicle.. People say that oh yeah THE AM V8 is a better car, but you know hat. Its not available yet and a GS blows it away hands down, why dont you think they never compare the 2 side by side...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Steeldream
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing