Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about buy an 03 CL 500 and my wife tells me she likes the the Maserati Coupe better. We made an appointment to drive one on Saturday.

I love the looks and a pre owned automatic seems like the best deal. About 60 K. However, I am conerned with the maintence costs and whether or not I can use it as a daily driver. Perhaps put 12K a year on it.

Are the service costs that expensive? Is the car reliable? Should I keep it outside the warranty? I don't have to worry about a clutch with an automatic?

I am a newbie and any and all comments and suggestions are appreciated. I would like to keep this car for atleat 7-8 years.

Thanks in advance. CM

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is no automatic 03/04 coupe, just a stick shift or F1 style paddle shift manual box called Cambiocorsa or CC. I use my cc everyday about 12k per year. No problems, maintenance same as any other car in this class.

·
Registered
242 Posts
With Mercedes' poor quality and reliability issues esp. on the E and the CL class, you may find that the Maserati is MORE reliable. After the '02's and a short production run in '03 the '04's and '05's seem to have very good reliability records.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Daily Driver in California

I use my 2003 CC Coupe as a daily driver. 33K miles in 2 years. Maintenance seems to be about $2K each for the 18K miles service and the 30K mile service.

So far no problems. At the 30K mile service they said the computer readout on my clutch indicated 25% worn and I am very hard on this car - I am a very aggressive driver.

I would recommend it as a daily driver and am enjoying it as such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
mvarat
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing