Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has your 24 month out-of-pocket cost been. Exclude gas, insurance, payments, etc. but include tires, routine maintenance and out of warranty repairs. I'm especially interested in the owners of the 2002 or 2003 models.

·
Registered
114 Posts
simple as that,

USD 800 for tyres
USD 900 for a small maintenance
USD 200 speeding tickets

cheers
iwan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just had mine done three weeks ago.
Annual service: Fluids/ oil change. $2100.73
4 Wheel alignment: $300.oo
Car cover: For maserati spyder. $549.99
Two new front tires: $605.80
The face of the guy in the vette
as you pull up next to him at the light: Priceless

·
Registered
742 Posts
15 Months.. 11,000 miles... $641.00 ....

I will post again as soon as I hit 24 months...

Front Plate at Dealer $125.00

6,000 mile service (oil change) Dealer $341.00

12,000 mile oil change at foreign car mechanic (bought filter from dealer and supplied oil). Total $175.00

Every minor item like gear shifter top or aligning or sealing the drivers side window has been covered. NJ Dealer has been great.

I should be getting another set of tires in the next 6 months.. so figure another $800.00

CM

·
Registered
188 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
What has your 24 month out-of-pocket cost been. Exclude gas, insurance, payments, etc. but include tires, routine maintenance and out of warranty repairs. I'm especially interested in the owners of the 2002 or 2003 models.
If that is "THE real question", then I hate to point this out but the real answer is pass on a car in this category until you have a more comfortable margin of discretionary income.

·
Registered
65 Posts
RQ said:
If that is "THE real question", then I hate to point this out but the real answer is pass on a car in this category until you have a more comfortable margin of discretionary income.
Sorry RQ, but I disagree, to a point. While one needs to not be stupid, an 02 or 03 is not that expensive of a car anymore and maintenance cost is a good question for someone wanting to step into an out of warranty $45k car. Even if one can afford more, some prefer to spend less upfront and deal with some upkeep.

For me, 12 months into ownership:
$1200 for 18000 mile service
$2500 for used GS wheels
$2000 for used fuchs exhaust
$1200 for tires
under warranty, leaks in the coolant and washer fluid reservoirs, neither which would have been very expensive.
Now I'm out of warranty, and I would estimate $2-3000 per year for upkeep on 5000 miles per year. Not very expensive for such a unique baby exotic.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a little surprised at RQ's rude (and totally pretentious) answer. The question is not whether I make enough money to but a Maserati. The question is simply, how much does the car cost to operate? It almost sounds like RQ is saying that as long as you have enough money, you shouldn't care. Well, I do. Question stands.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Check out some of the service threads....

To get a good idea of actual costs check out the service threads on this board. We had people post the actual invoices from their service.

While the dealer is certainly the expert on our cars, you can save a lot of money with a quality independent. Especially on the routine little things oil, tires, brakes, fluids...

The dealer charges $350.00 for an oil change because there is 2 hours of Labor at $125.00.... I bought the $35.00 filter from the dealer and Amsoil Synethic for $60.00, my mechanic was able to change everything in less than 1 hour... That was taking his time...

The 18,000 mile service is only fluid, filters and an oil change. The dealer charges about $1,200. However the parts are only about $400 The 5 - 6 hours of labor the dealer charges adds up quick.. Again, my independent said it should take him at most 3 hours.

I am certainly not knocking on the dealerships.. They have to make their money. But with an impending $3,000 clutch job I will have them do, if I can save a $1,000 or so on the basic stuff and pay the dealer for the Maserati specific items, I can reduce my total ownership costs dramatically.

You can also get a great deal on all the OEM parts from Kevin at MVP.

CM

·
Registered
187 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
I bought my 2003 from a lexus dealership in May. I was also able to add an additional 3 years to the existing warrenty for $2500.00.

I did make the mistake of a Dealer service last month for the 6000 mile check and paid $700.00 but it did include a full track day Tech Inspection and sign off.

Its the $1000.00 Nevada YEARLY value based registration fee that really gets me. Between all my autos, last year alone we spent over $4000.00 in registration.

enjoy your $45 registration fees and make the best of the cost of ownership.

It's all worth it.

Robb

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the great info. All in all, about what I expected. Between the tires, clutch and maintenance I'm coming up with around $3000/yr. That's about what My Viper ran as well. Heck, that's what my BMW is costing me this year ;)

Robb, what was the extended warranty? Do you get service at the Lexus dealer? Will the Maserati dealer accept your warranty plan? I'd pay $2500 for an extra 3 years

·
Registered
187 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Thanks for all the great info. All in all, about what I expected. Between the tires, clutch and maintenance I'm coming up with around $3000/yr. That's about what My Viper ran as well. Heck, that's what my BMW is costing me this year ;)

Robb, what was the extended warranty? Do you get service at the Lexus dealer? Will the Maserati dealer accept your warranty plan? I'd pay $2500 for an extra 3 years
It is a lexus offered extended warrantly like most dealers sell. Mine actually includeds a service plan to which I get a lexus loaner and my Rati gets sent down to Ferrari 3 miles away where it is serviced and the warrenty will be accepted and paid for by Lexus since they back the warranty. I also get free unlimited hand washes for life anytime I want to bring it by. I lucked out finding the car at Lexus because they are really a class act.

Robb

·
Registered
390 Posts
Two oil changes = $600 (could have been less than half that, but I was lazy and had to go to the dealer for other stuff so I just had them do it)

Insurance = $1200ish

Other than that just gas. 12k miles and counting. Warranty ends 1/07, cross your fingers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts