Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today marks the 13 week anniversary of getting rear-ended by a Jeep, just 3 wks into my Maser ownership career. I finally got the car back yesterday, looking perfect and after over $21k in work and parts.

Coming to work this morning through the canyons was just a hoot.

However, at the last minute the shop found that the electronic release mechanism for the trunk was not working, and so disabled it, so that it doesn't beep and say the trunk is open, and a new part is on order. However, I also seem to remember that the hood has an auto-close operation like a Merc, ie the trunk almost closes manually then pulls itself shut. I also seem to recall that this final closing operation is done form the body, not the trunk, ie the latch in the cars' rear frame pulls the trunk lid down.

Bear in mind I only drove the car for 4 days before the accident so I wasn't totally familiar.

so questions: Does the QP have an auto-close trunk? If so, is is the trunk lid or the car frame that does the 'closing'?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dave, YES the closing mechanism is built into the lock assembly bolted to the trunk "Boot" (proper nomenclature). If it is indicating that the trunk is open when it is really closed ( a red door icon on dash cluster) then the microswitch in the lock assembly is bad and assy. needs replacement. With that said, advise your body shop that once the new lock is installed, they will have to
"initialize" the trunk by locking and unlocking the doors several times via the key fob w/ the doors and trunk closed. Lots of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts