Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a big city where Mercedes, BMW and Porsche are common cars, my bright yellow loud tubi Maserati coupe attracts attention everywhere I go. It is enough to show up in a party to get four extra invitations for others, house owners ask me to park my car in the front of their houses so that all guests can see the car, valet parking drivers leave the car next to main entrances of major hotels and fancy resturants, the car attracts attention from all people, I saw flash lights coming from cameras while waiting for green lights on cross sections , people with cell phone cameras asked me if they could take pictures of the car while puming gas. Being a shy introverted person that spent his life between medical practice and research, this car was the best social experience with women, they came from everywhere :parking lots, gas station, car wash areas asking for a ride in the car, friendship and even more. The back seats are not big enough for having sex but once you leave the car you'll never stop. In less than 10 months of owning the car, I have 3 of them asking for marriage! Only few girfriends were allowed to drive the car after getting a crash course about using the cambiocorsa system , they considered this a lifetime experience. I still have 14 months of lease and then the question is what next? It will be difficult to find another car that can provide this fun!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mmmmmm68 said:
In a big city where Mercedes, BMW and Porsche are common cars, my bright yellow loud tubi Maserati coupe attracts attention everywhere I go. It is enough to show up in a party to get four extra invitations for others, house owners ask me to park my car in the front of their houses so that all guests can see the car, valet parking drivers leave the car next to main entrances of major hotels and fancy resturants, the car attracts attention from all people, I saw flash lights coming from cameras while waiting for green lights on cross sections , people with cell phone cameras asked me if they could take pictures of the car while puming gas. Being a shy introverted person that spent his life between medical practice and research, this car was the best social experience with women, they came from everywhere :parking lots, gas station, car wash areas asking for a ride in the car, friendship and even more. The back seats are not big enough for having sex but once you leave the car you'll never stop. In less than 10 months of owning the car, I have 3 of them asking for marriage! Only few girfriends were allowed to drive the car after getting a crash course about using the cambiocorsa system , they considered this a lifetime experience. I still have 14 months of lease and then the question is what next? It will be difficult to find another car that can provide this fun!
perhaps a Yellow GS :lol:
btw which big city are you from?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Your post is so very true!

the only other thing that gets more attention is my Dog Tuff Guy, a French Bulldog.

I have been without my Spyder for over a month and the first week without it was pretty refreshing. Being a Convertable, it feels like you are always on display. I began to always look straight ahead at stoplights. I could always hear the sound of a power window, meaning someone next to me wanted to make a comment about the car. I began to aquire a sense of someone to the side of me looking my way.

I have been driving my Mercedes c43 for the past month and the differences are just incredible. I have become annonymous again, part of the landscape here.

My car should be ready this Friday, so it will be nice being recognized once again. If only I could begin pullling all those women you are getting! :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
BIMBO

a little off topic, but just wondering how your Audi RS4 compares to the Maserati? I beleive the newer Rs4s put out around 420 horses and do a 0-60 in around 4.8 seconds.

I have always had a soft spot for the Audi and considered an S4 recently. I planned to do some serious mods to it of course! I love a car which is easily tweakable/tunable.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Re: BIMBO

demoe said:
a little off topic, but just wondering how your Audi RS4 compares to the Maserati? I beleive the newer Rs4s put out around 420 horses and do a 0-60 in around 4.8 seconds.

I have always had a soft spot for the Audi and considered an S4 recently. I planned to do some serious mods to it of course! I love a car which is easily tweakable/tunable.
my experience with RS4 and audi's in general is that the handling and entering corners aren't great comparing to maserati. the engine is too far out in the front.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Your post made me sort of laugh.

I agree that our cars are stunning to look at and attract all kinds of attention especially compared to BMW, Porsche and Benz... But when I take my Maserati to Atlantic City or Old City PA or NYC, it gets a parking spot next to the big boys and seems to fall short.

I have been parked next to an F430, 360s, a few Lambos, Aston Martins, the Bently GT and Rolls Royce. Please know I LOVE my Maserati, but its not on the same level at all with those $200,000 plus super cars.

As far as grabbing the ladies, I never needed to use my ride as an incentive.

The Maserati experience is indeed social. However, I am sure my car does not determine whether or not I am invited to a party and other than at car shows most people don't feel the need to take a picture of it.

I am a car nut and I love to talk about, drive and show my Maserati. The experience is indeed social.

I am curious to know what city makes such a big fuss over a Maserati? Please let me know.

Thanks.

CM

·
Registered
312 Posts
I feel great about how my QP stands up in a crowd of magnificent cars. Kinda brings tears to my eyes actually.

However, no women have thrown themselves at me yet and no one has asked for my autograph! What's the deal ? Does my car look like a Buick? Maybe I look like a Buick?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Could be the South Bay. Porsches, Ferrari, and Bentleys are common as dirt. I've only seen one other Maserati, a coupe, and that was in the City.

It's 50/50 as to whether the Porsche receives special attention from the Valet, but the Maserati is always parked out front. Somehow the Maserati seems to be more friendly. People do come up and talk to you at the gas pump and in the parking lot. I even have had conversations at stop lights.

Why?

For one it's screaming yellow. It's relatively rare. Both draw notice. Finally, I have to disagree that it doesn't stand up well to other exotics. I think it's much prettier than a 360 or 430. It's the classic sports car: long hood, short deck, 2 seats, open top, rear drive. Granted it's an eight and not a twelve but you can't have everything!

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I bought my coupe I was told that people would look. I didn't believe it. I can't even remember how many times I parked it and came back to see a crowd around it. Everywhere I park it somebody wants to know something about it. Everytime I fill it up (which given these cars is frequently) people come over to look at it. Twice I was driving on the highway, looked over at the car next to me and they were taking pictures. The security guard in the parking lot at Best Buy came over to ask "What is it and what did you pay for it".

All I want to know is where are all these woman.

·
Registered
242 Posts
With the coupe you also hear a lot of "wow, is that an Aston Martin?"
I for one am so glad I didn't go for the new 911...dare to be different.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You gotta wonder what's going to happen when the winning bidder on the "Ferrari" opens the hood and finds a BMW engine...

One would expect no less from Ferrari Los Gatos.

I'm also always puzzled to look at the bid history and find people upping their own bids.

$1.3 mill is a little rich for my blood - also methinks a bit overpriced; however tis a beautiful piece of machinery.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
follow up

thank you so much for nice comments, my car is located in Houston, there are not as many exotic cars as in California or Florida so it does stand well, we are lucky people because we know that the Maserati is less expensive than Ferrari , Aston Martin or Bently but not everyone knows that.
When a man opens the car door for a woman there are two possibilities: either a new woman or a new car!
I alwayas get the door for the woman so that she does not slam it hard!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Heh, that's funny. One thing I love about it is for the same cost as my M5 I'm suddenly getting preferential valet treatment. But I live in Hollywood, "exotic" cars are a dime a dozen, so no special attention other than some car guys asking me "what'll she do" questions.

Of course I never get any female attention but I never do anyways so *shrug* hehe.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
In the 6 months I've owned my Coupe CC, I've noticed at least a dozen people snapping photos on the highway. It does indeed attract attention, that's for sure, but the fact that it isn't a bright red boy racer says that the styling, sound, and the Maserati badging are what get the attention.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I live in Oklahoma and the car got way too much attention here but overall it was positive remarks. In Florida however I was treated very unwelcome and was flipped off numerous times.

·
Registered
390 Posts
NAPerformance said:
I live in Oklahoma and the car got way too much attention here but overall it was positive remarks. In Florida however I was treated very unwelcome and was flipped off numerous times.
Yeah there's a lot of that in South Florida.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Been watching this thread get a surprising amount of attention!

For those of us (most I thought but maybe not) that are true driving or racing enthusiasts comments like these are borderline silly.

Just for contrast, I've owned dozens of fancier cars over the years, raced many of them at tracks, but they have all been for "me" and finances aside the only reason I've been shy from the main two Italian brands has been the attention they summon.

Besides the fact of not welcoming personal attention from strangers there is also a significant safety concern in any large city.

At a gas station I'm looking for gas not a friend.

Which is why when I saw a brand new black on black GS at the dealer I thought that it was within the threshold of having a nice car that wouldn't bring undue attention, so I bought it.

Great to drive an exotic without the attention!

And sure enough, looks enough like a Jag that it doesn't stand out, people that don't know cars don't give it a second look (good) and people that know cars might give it a second glance or a thumbs up (good too).

But buying a Maser for chicks or attention would not make sense to me. If you want to be loud there are cheaper and more visible ways to do that (e.g. yellow Elise for half the price).

Of course these are just rambling thoughts and not judging or looking to offend anyone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
BrianS
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing