21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,089 Posts
Reactions: Tallman

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Maserati Granturismo has been my everyday car since 2014. In the meantime, I am already driving the second car. With the first (2014-2018) I drove about 145'000 km, with the second (2018-current) about 30'000 km. So you can imagine how many times I have already filled up this car. And I have never noticed the following extremely useful detail, a hook to hang the gas cap. Today I discovered this feature and my joy was huge. After about 175'000 km, the Granturismo gives me a feature that is as simple as it is good.
Ok, I never claimed to be the most intelligent person, probably you all discovered this feature the first time you refueled. Well then, not me, today means Granturismo has pleased me again!

Did you have similar experiences and surprises with your Granturismo? Are there any other features that I could discover?

View attachment 139496
hahahah a lovely little surprise for you

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
194 Posts
Nobody sits in their car in the garage on the first night and reads the owner's manual anymore? Shame, lol
I didn't get one with my car so I had to wait. Now though I just go online and try to find out what I need. Not to mention it might take several nights to read the whole manual for any modern day car!! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Maserati Granturismo has been my everyday car since 2014. In the meantime, I am already driving the second car. With the first (2014-2018) I drove about 145'000 km, with the second (2018-current) about 30'000 km. So you can imagine how many times I have already filled up this car. And I have never noticed the following extremely useful detail, a hook to hang the gas cap. Today I discovered this feature and my joy was huge. After about 175'000 km, the Granturismo gives me a feature that is as simple as it is good.
Ok, I never claimed to be the most intelligent person, probably you all discovered this feature the first time you refueled. Well then, not me, today means Granturismo has pleased me again!

Did you have similar experiences and surprises with your Granturismo? Are there any other features that I could discover?

View attachment 139496

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,755 Posts
Ok, so how many of you are “a-retentive” enough to try and place the gas cap with the trident pointing straight up at the 12 o’clock position, every time you fill up ? Just me ..? :rolleyes:🤪.

Habit-forming influence from the nutcase Porsche fanatics who will lecture you if your wheel center caps‘s crest tip does not point to the valve stems . 🤨

At least the gas cap is not visible except to just you.. 😌

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
172 Posts
Ok, so how many of you are “a-retentive” enough to try and place the gas cap with the trident pointing straight up at the 12 o’clock position, every time you fill up ? Just me ..? :rolleyes:🤪.

Habit-forming influence from the nutcase Porsche fanatics who will lecture you if your wheel center caps‘s crest tip does not point to the valve stems . 🤨

At least the gas cap is not visible except to just you.. 😌
LOL I always try to, but it takes too long sometimes! :coffee:

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,147 Posts
I am more pissed off that my center wheel caps are not face up with my valve stem on the bottom AFTER ASKING the wheel place!!!

·
Registered
Quattroporte Sport GTS 2012
34 Posts
I didn't even know there was a trident on it…we have full service fuel stations here, I never get out. But if I did I would probably make sure it was the right way up :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,755 Posts
I am more pissed off that my center wheel caps are not face up with my valve stem on the bottom AFTER ASKING the wheel place!!!
Many, many years ago I vaguely remember seeing ( on eBay I think..) a set of center caps which had a self-rotating logo insert so it always stayed upright while you were driving , or parked.
Some kind of magnet and ball bearing design.. They looked to be of very high quality, at least from the vendor I had pulled up, but were so expensive I never really considered them. They had them for a couple of top brands, but I only remember the Rolls Royce ones. It‘s possible the RR ones were used OE / factory ones , but if my memory serves me, they were priced well over $ 1,000 for the set. I don’t recall a trident at all, but they may have had it if I had bothered to scroll trough the choices .

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Many, many years ago I vaguely remember seeing ( on eBay I think..) a set of center caps which had a self-rotating logo insert so it always stayed upright while you were driving , or parked.
Some kind of magnet and ball bearing design.. They looked to be of very high quality, at least from the vendor I had pulled up, but were so expensive I never really considered them. They had them for a couple of top brands, but I only remember the Rolls Royce ones. It‘s possible the RR ones were used OE / factory ones , but if my memory serves me, they were priced well over $ 1,000 for the set. I don’t recall a trident at all, but they may have had it if I had bothered to scroll trough the choices .
Here ya go...lighted looks a little cheezy...but says they can be turned off...

Maserati Floating Center Cap – ledwheelcaps – Car Led and Wheel Center Caps Supplier

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,755 Posts
Ugh.. and hell no ! 😕 Those not only look cheaply made ( and they are cheap..) but glad they have a lights off option because I can't even imagine anyone driving a Maserati with those lighted caps .. may as well put some curb feelers on the fenders, fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, and a sheep skin dash cover to complete the look. But even without the lights, as I said they look really crappy , floating feature or not .. ( IMHO )

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Ugh.. and hell no ! 😕 Those not only look cheaply made ( and they are cheap..) but glad they have a lights off option because I can't even imagine anyone driving a Maserati with those lighted caps .. may as well put some curb feelers on the fenders, fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, and a sheep skin dash cover to complete the look. But even without the lights, as I said they look really crappy , floating feature or not .. ( IMHO )
LOL My thoughts as well, cheap, cheap, cheap!...NOT even close to what RR has to offer. Sheep skin dash cover huh? lol :unsure: JK!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts