5. Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
6. Lambo Aventador SVJ
7. Porsche GT3 RS
8. Porsche Carrera GT
9. Lambo Huracan EVO
10. Ferrari 599 GTB/GTO
11. Maserati Granturismo
12. McLaren 720S

As you can tell, I'm bias towards the high-pitch "F1-sounding" engines. I don't particularly care for the deep, bass rumble sounds from American-style muscle cars. A lot of people love the AMG cars' rumble and believe they sound among the best, but for me, it's too "muscle car."
I can't agree, the best sound has the good old Citroën 2CV:

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
I want that car !! What a blast !
And considering how practical it is, you can even start a delivery business, advertising it as the quickest door to door service on earth .

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,439 Posts
I can't agree, the best sound has the good old Citroën 2CV:
Yeah it's sounds great but it's aftermarket. My list is about stock sound.

·
Registered
2014 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
64 Posts

Well, when your V6 sounds this good....

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
To me, that sounds like a 4 cylinder with a BB ( Billy Boat ) or Borla aftermarket exhaust . Maybe just a little better .

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I want that car !! What a blast !
And considering how practical it is, you can even start a delivery business, advertising it as the quickest door to door service on earth .
Yep, and the advertising slogan will be: "we deliver pizza with emotions!" 😂

·
Registered
436 Posts
Best Ferrari engine sounds came from the mid 90's and the beginning of the mad max Papis era in the 333SP!!! You could point a finger around LRP for an entire lap and know where he was!!! Still have that T shirt!!! My only ferrari item as I don't portend to be a poseur.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Sound is very subjective .. I for one, prefer a deeper note to the high pitch / scream sounds most Ferraris or Lamborghinis emit . Having said that, one of the few Ferrari sounds I do like quite a lot ( if my memory serves me ) is the 360 .

4,528 Posts
Agreed..The 355 and the 360 both sound excellent, but here is the problem...You can't make enough HP per liter in a normally aspirated engine to keep up with other manufactures...You need forced induction and turbos remove a lot of that great sound..Jason

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
And do not forget the increasing regulation and tougher laws. Current and future CO2 regulations are killing off the good old naturally aspirated engines, and noise regulations do the rest. There comes a time when we are no longer allowed to move at all, we have to hold our breath. Because too much CO2 could be produced...

·
Registered
2004 Maserati Coupe CC
63 Posts
And do not forget the increasing regulation and tougher laws. Current and future CO2 regulations are killing off the good old naturally aspirated engines, and noise regulations do the rest. There comes a time when we are no longer allowed to move at all, we have to hold our breath. Because too much CO2 could be produced...
World might be something like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
There comes a time when we are no longer allowed to move at all, we have to hold our breath.
Well, we’ll have a lot of practice, that’s pretty much what we’ve been doing for the last five months ..🤨😔

·
Registered
159 Posts
When the Corvette and Mustang no longer offer a V8, then I might be concerned. But still probably not.

Quartz watches "killed" mechanical watches
Solid state guitar amps and softsynths "killed" musical instruments
CDs "killed" vinyl

Yet you can still buy and in many cases spend premium money for a preferred example of all three.

Unless (US) speed limits are raised and the interstates become the autobahn unlimited, aren't we already at the point where more power either turbo or electic is pretty pointless within the framework of what we drive around in?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
When the Corvette and Mustang no longer offer a V8, then I might be concerned. But still probably not.

Quartz watches "killed" mechanical watches
Solid state guitar amps and softsynths "killed" musical instruments
CDs "killed" vinyl

Yet you can still buy and in many cases spend premium money for a preferred example of all three.

Unless (US) speed limits are raised and the interstates become the autobahn unlimited, aren't we already at the point where more power either turbo or electic is pretty pointless within the framework of what we drive around in?
There is a little hope, think about Rolex, IWC, Audemars Piguet, Breitling, TAG Heuer, Blancpain, Patek Philippe, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Hublot; market pressure was needed to wake up the Swiss geniality in watches craftsmanship and people realized how beautiful and valuable such elaborate and artistic technology really is.

·
Registered
659 Posts
the point of speed limits and roadways is what always boggled my mind. supercar performance is a status symbol, as there isn't anywhere off track to open cars up without either wrapping it around a pole, endangering/killing bystanders, or having to be in a spot where you can pay to play when you inevitably get a ticket or loose your license.
sub 3 seconds to 60 is bad ass, but is lost on many when the typical speed limit is 40.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
the point of speed limits and roadways is what always boggled my mind. supercar performance is a status symbol, as there isn't anywhere off track to open cars up without either wrapping it around a pole, endangering/killing bystanders, or having to be in a spot where you can pay to play when you inevitably get a ticket or loose your license.
sub 3 seconds to 60 is bad ass, but is lost on many when the typical speed limit is 40.
YEP!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts