Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a number of posts made on this forum regarding the interchangeability of QP brake pads. All well intended, of course. But unfortunately, most people didn't seem to realise that there are many variants of QPs as far as the brake pads are concerned, especially in the 2007 year. As a result of a post made many years ago with a long list of supposed interchangeable pads, undifferentiated for the different QPs variants, many people have bought pads that didn't fit.

As an example, saying a 2007 QP can use pads from a Mercedes 2004 something doesn't really work, because there are at least 2 different variants of 2007 QP, and possibly multiple variants of that 2004 Mercedes whatever model too. So we need to be a lot more specific.

It took me a good 4 hours of intensive cross matching various sources to see what's what when I was shopping for a new set of brakes for my 2007 Sport GT Automatica. Some would say that time is better spent making money and then spend it on the real thing, but hopefully this is useful for others in posterity.

From what I can piece together, there are at least 3 different QPV variants when it comes to brake pads:

QPV, 2003 to 2007 with F1 gearbox, 4.2L engine

QPV, 2007 to 2012 with ZF gearbox, 4.2L engine

QPV, 4.7L engine

If you have the 2007 to 2012 ZF 4.2L, you can use Ferodo pads FDB1949 (rear) and FDB998 (front), for a total cost of 60 pounds (Amazon). This is what I have fitted to mine just last week.

If anyone else would like to help out with interchangeability, please feel free to chime in, but bear in mind the variants as I have pointed out so others don't end up with the wrong pads.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I believe the GTS QPs have larger front brakes - 6 piston and 4 piston rears.

How are you liking the Ferodo pads so far?

I am interested in looking at what is out there because my rear pads will need replacing soon and I have found the that amount of brake dust they generate is incredible.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the ZF Sport GT. If the Sport GTS is indeed different, then it could be either yet another variant (the 4th one) or perhaps it could be the same as the 4.7L models.

I have only had them for a few days. Can't comment just yet on brake dust. But so far, no squeal at all, unlike the previous OEM ones. And the car stops well enough. I don't drive too aggressively, so I won't be able to detect a 10% improvement/deterioration in braking distance, for example...

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts