Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I buy a mint 2002 CC (Rosso Bologna / 3 tone tan interior) with only 14K on it in Dallas. I fit it with the GS rear spoiler, side surfboards, Larini exhaust, painted calipers, chrome front grill, nice chrome badges, and polished 2003 wheels.
Now I've got the car exactly the way I want it. Every time I look at it my heart beats faster, and when I start it up I get goosebumps!
So 3 days ago I park it front of one of our upscale malls in Scottsdale (for about 1/2 hour), come back to my car and I can't believe what I see.
There's a 6" gouge in the driver's door probably made with a large screwdriver, with numerous 'back-up' scratches just in case I missed the big gouge! I stand there in utter shock looking at this absolute defilement of my car. It takes me 10 minutes just to get into the car totally heartbroken.
Long story short, I now have to have the gouge filled and the entire door repainted. I know it sounds crazy but now when I look at the car I was in love with only a few days ago, I don't even want to own it anymore.
What I can't understand is how somebody, anybody could do this to such a beautiful pristine car, especially in a city where exotic cars are a dime a dozen and parked everywhere. I'm still amazed...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
sorry to hear.
just the other day i found a couple of grapes thrown in my spyder and i got angry and started cursing at those bastards.
these are jealous low life that will never ever in their miserable life own a piece of art.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I know the feeling about not wanting the car anymore....but fight that urge.....it wasn't the car's fault, get her back to pristine condition. Try to think of it as the first scuff on those new sneakers as a kid....now you can run and play.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
There's always the chance that the mall had surveillance cameras (these days, quite likely)...or maybe best just to let it go. Hard to say.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The worst that ever landed in my convertible (not the GS, thanks) was a used feminine protection product. Not sure what they were trying to say, but I didn't appreciate it. People will do anything.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just Remember.....

The reason they did something like that is because they are scum and could never ever have such a nice car.... These kind of people think the world owes them a living and they will go out of their way to ruin things for those who have worked hard, lead a disciplined life and have nice things......

Just remember the joy the car brings when you drive it away from the body shop after it's fixed and also remember that the dirtbag who did it is pushing his Pinto up a hill somewhere out of gas cursing the world for making him an idiot.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Hey, I used to own a Pinto... ;-)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Very sad to hear this, and can understand your feeling...

It is interesting that at least in the UK, Masers do command admiration whilst Ferraris (in particular) do attract envy/jealousy/the worst out of people, so it is not infrequent for Ferraris to suffer from keying or other similar damage.

But there are scrotes everywhere. For a dash of a sport now ravving in the UK, have a look at this

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/Kevfoley/The Twins/?action=view&current=Lambo.flv

(damage to body panels, esp. roof, meant it has been written off...)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cost of owning a nice car...

I'm a recent transplantt to Scottsdale (PV) and always thought that because of the number of exotic cars running around, that it was safe to park most places. Just to let you know, it was at Paradise Valley Mall in front of Macy's that my car was 'hit'. I certainly won't leave my car at any mall from now on!

By the way, thanks for all your responses. I'm slowly starting to accept the fact that once the car gets fixed I'll be ok with it...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I caught two teens egging my maser infront of my friend's recoring studio...we taped it then we detained them until authorities arrived...and we pressed charges...you should have seen the looks on the parents faces during the court hearing when they realized that because they let thier degenerates run around in thier minivan after the under 18 driver curfew they were getting fined from the state AND had to pay the 6k it cost to have the snoot of my Maser repainted (spiderwebbing in the clearcoat) god I wish I would have had a camera...especially because one of the fathers offered me $1000 to "just go away because there was no way I was going to win my case" of course he was also unaware his son egged an exotic italian car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts