Maserati Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Personally, the new exterior design is starting to grow on me. That being said and as a relatively "new" maserati owner- the new vehicle saddens me in some ways. After having many "premium" sports cars and sedans (porsche, bmw, etc...) I made the heartfelt decision to purchase a coupe gt. I say heartfelt because, as cheesy as it sounds, the car "spoke" to my heart. The design, the smell, the sounds, the feel- they all represented facets of the car that, to me, set it FAR apart from the competition that I had owned and no longer cared to own. I have not driven the turismo yet- and I doubt it would tempt me. Why? Because it is in many ways "japanizing" or "germanizing" itself to gain more market share. I understand that this is an important mission but I hope that the execs or powers-that-be realize exactly what it is about this marquee that get their clients excited- and I hope that they somehow do continue to offer that to us. I will be holding onto my coupe gt for now and for a while I think. Just my thoughts after recent aquisition.

·
Registered
286 Posts
As the brand GM at my dealership (very nice and honest guy) told me today by e-mail [and I quote]

Some feel that the brand has metomophosized beyond recognition

And given that I am looking to replace my baby, and he's not been very keen/pushy on signing-me up for the new GT, in a way shows that's pretty much what he also thinks.

Again, it's all a question of taste.
i think those that are going to be buying a replacement gs need to be patient. i think they will make a sporty version of the car in a year or two. based between the gt and the 8c and should be priced at 150-175k.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
He usually tells us what he really thinks of the cars. I might not have shared it publicly if he didn't but that wasn't the case.

he might not like it but he would never let you know that.;)
We do have interest in the car, we do have deposits, we do have a waiting list.

The company is definitely setting itself up for the long term vs. instant gratification, so I think patience in seeing how the long term plan shapes up is key.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.