Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The well-known automobile magazine AUTO ZEITUNG has chosen the best SUV 2020 among 12 SUV's: Porsche Cayenne GTS, Maserati Levante Trofeo, Lamborghini Urus, BMW X6 Competition, Mercedes AMG GLC 63S+ Coupé, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, Audi RS Q8, Bentley Bentayga V8, Dodge Durango SRT, VW Touareg V8 TDI, Ford Explorer and Range Rover Velar SV (550hp).

SUV of the year 2020: Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Best engine of the year: Maserati Levante Trofeo
Price performance winner: Ford Explorer
Luxury SUV of the year: Bentley Bentayga V8

"The Biturbo V8 in the Trofeo is an emotional masterpiece, an animal, a revelation."

Now I am curious about the Maserati Grecale, which is based on the Stelvio.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Motortrend did themselves a massive disservice in their recent review. They rated the X3M 3rd place even though the ride was uniformly described as intolerable. They gave the Levante 5th place and praised its behavior up to the extreme zone (the zone 99% of users will never encounter). They knocked the FCA switchgear even though it functions flawlessly. I want my luxury SUV to coddle me but be able to pounce when needed. Levante does that VERY well IMHO. My single biggest complaint about my RRS is how harsh it rides on frost heaved roads in the winter. I suspect a Levante will absorb all of that nicely.

Reactions: Hooey
1 - 2 of 2 Posts