Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the least attractive luxury cars I've ever seen, and of the 4 or 5 people I've showed it to each is less impressed than the last, and yet the BBS, not unsurprisingly, describes it with words like alluring and undeniably pretty. Have they ever had anything negative to say about their brand (same goes with Top Gear, btw)? I'm sure they have but it seems rare, and with this article I just can't take them seriously.

BBC - Autos - Fascinating luxury car of 2014: Aston Martin Lagonda

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
And they said "The long saloon is undeniably pretty, if not quite as heart-stopping as its William Towns-designed predecessor from 1976" about this car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The Lagonda is going to be a hard sell. Not sure anyone was calling for the return of this car, which was a bit of an ugly duckling in its original form. The Rapide is Aston's four door saloon. This doesn't make a lot of sense. And Elambo, there is a lot of good things you can say about the Aston lineup, but it seems like some people have nothing but praise for them. .

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This is one of the least attractive luxury cars I've ever seen, and of the 4 or 5 people I've showed it to each is less impressed than the last, and yet the BBS, not unsurprisingly, describes it with words like alluring and undeniably pretty. Have they ever had anything negative to say about their brand (same goes with Top Gear, btw)? I'm sure they have but it seems rare, and with this article I just can't take them seriously.

BBC - Autos - Fascinating luxury car of 2014: Aston Martin Lagonda
That is one ugly car!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And Elambo, there is a lot of good things you can say about the Aston lineup, but it seems like some people have nothing but praise for them. .
Indeed. I, for one, have quite a lot of good things to say about many AM models but I judge each based upon its individual merits, not simply because it wears the AM badge. As you said, there are those who seem to close their eyes when critiquing this brand, the BBC and Top Gear (same thing, I suppose) being two prime examples. Only a mother could love this car, and I suppose England sees itself as such.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Give it a rest. The BBC Top Gear team are big fans of the QP, in fact all 3 each picking it over the Aston and Panamera in the group test... the Aston came last. Hardly 'blind love'.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RmeeF9ZtkCA

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's the expression of an opinion. We express ours, you express yours. Good to see the Forum actually contains something other than dummy light and running cost questions.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The pitfalls of 'free speech'. Even people who are wrong get a say :)

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pitfalls of 'free speech'. Even people who are wrong get a say :)
Referring to yourself, of course. :cheers:

Wordsmith's who take issue with absolute terms like "blind" might require a revision to the title, so feel free to read it as "The BBC sees Aston through rose-colored glasses" which is undeniably true. Better? :deal:

We have no shortage of national pride here in the States, and the Brits trump even us in that category, so it's not surprising that this happens, but with THIS car it's just sad to read these reviews. Though with reference to Top Gear, anyone taking that show as informative instead of entertainment is going to have a bad day. It's not where you go for serious car reviews.

·
Registered
139 Posts
the BBC and Top Gear (same thing, I suppose)
So... by your own supposition, don't take the BBC review as serious journalism, it's not ;)

For your info; the British do NOT share the same sense of national pride as the Americans or even the Italians. To be British is to have a self deprecating view on life- often highly critical of our own. Hence it is extremely unlikely that any member of the British press would be overly positive of British marques- the opposite is true.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
So... by your own supposition, don't take the BBC review as serious journalism, it's not ;)

For your info; the British do NOT share the same sense of national pride as the Americans or even the Italians. To be British is to have a self deprecating view on life- often highly critical of our own. Hence it is extremely unlikely that any member of the British press would be overly positive of British marques- the opposite is true.
It's obvious that your experience is different. Leave it at that. And in reference to your earlier comment, I'm not certain there is a right and wrong here. Is that how you respond to everyone that differs with your opinion? That's an interesting approach to life. Tell me how that works out for you in the end.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Calm down. We are just gassing. No need to be so sensitive. I am very respectful of your view, OK?

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I'm wrong about this... Wrong about that... For my info... The opposite is true... etc...

Yeesh, I guess I should consult with you before posting so I'm sure to get my opinions and personal experiences in acceptable order. :deal:

·
Registered
139 Posts
OMG, I'm getting attacked by handbags on both sides! Settle down ladies.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm just so insulted by your creative "handbag" retort. Haven't heard that yet this morning -- it really puts us in our place. You're flaunting your brawn AND brains. It's so impressive. And I'm so ashamed. Guess I'll just go shoe shopping, hopefully I'll feel better about my fat ass and thighs... :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
You'll need a lot of shoes.

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Let's talk about feelings...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
OMG, I'm getting attacked by handbags on both sides! Settle down ladies.
Consider it rookie initiation. Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Delighted to be here ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts